S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

My wife ask for a divorce tonight, So much for my S4. It was nice knowing you all.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-1999, 01:38 PM
mpm

Default Hopefully she's asking you to focus your attentions a little differently...

cars are important, but nothing is more important then a solid marrige. Don't just throw in the towel, seek consuling, talk it out, and if there is not possible reconcilation - then move on.

THe investment you've made to date is not to be passed on lightly.

My $ 0.02, after 9 years (not all pain free) of marrige, that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Good luck, bro...
Old 09-09-1999, 05:24 PM
johnj

Default Re: My wife ask for a divorce tonight, So much for my S4. It was nice knowing you all.

been "round the block" three times now-don't fret-
get that S4 and tell the b*tch to f**k off!My S4 will be here by 10/15/99.
Old 09-10-1999, 09:06 PM
Sad Guy

Default Re: An update and I would like to thank all of you.

I have been away for a couple of days figuring out this whole mess. I have been so busy on planet work that I have taken a great deal for granted in my relationship. I'm in the process of working things out right now and hope that it works. I get a great deal of satisfaction out of the deal and making a lot of money, in the mean time I didn't realize how much harm I was doing. I have many things to work on now and hope to work this whole mess out. I just wasn't paying attention to what was going on around me. Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead. I'm going to work this out. She's just too sweet and too cute to let go of so easily. I have a good one and don't want to let her go. Thanks for all the support. I may get that S4 yet.
Old 09-10-1999, 09:33 PM
ChuckH

Default Good for you! Too many people expect...

...it to be easy, and don't put forth an effort to work things out. I'm no expert on the matter, but what I see most of the time is people splitting over rediculous things that could easily be fixed with communication. It is very important to first identify the problem, then work to resolve it. I bet atleast 50% (probably more) of divorces could be avoided if the two involved would just talk openly. This applies to any type of relationship, including friends. No two people are alike, and there are always going to be disagreements, misunderstandings, and other outside influences (such as work) that are going to try and destroy the bond. You and your wife are doing the right thing by trying to work it out. Atleast you will know you tried, even if it doesn't work out. not trying would just leave you both wondering later if you could have saved it. No job, and no amount of money is worth ruining a good relationship!

While I'm writing, I would like to appologize, on behalf of the supportive people, for those who cheered you on to leave your wife. I think that was totally unacceptable, and I pity those who think that is the right thing to do.

Now, go get your wife back and then get your S4, once everything is settled! WHat are you waiting for? GO! :-)

Charles
Old 09-10-1999, 10:25 PM
Scot McKay

Default Re: An update and I would like to thank all of you.

We went through this sort of thing a couple of years ago. We reconciled, and I refocused my priorities from work (I am in computer networking and also a total techie, so you know how we can be) to my wife--and on God too.

Today, with my priorities in order, my W2 is actually triple what it was then--now we both have Audis! (well, when my killer S4 gets here)

The LORD is good, by the way. Getting one's priorities right with him means blessing is just around the corner. I do not know if you are a man of faith, but prayer heals marriages, and spouses who pray together stay together (and play together!!!)

After all, doesn't it truly take a miracle for men and women to understand each other at all?!
Old 09-10-1999, 11:00 PM
AvramD

Default Good job - there's only *one* problem that can't be worked out...

Two people can work out any problem or difference that they want to. It takes a lot of effort and maturity for a person to realize he or she is being unreasonable, but you (or she) can *always* see it if you are willing to try.

The only problem that you really *can't* fix is if one of you doesn't *want* to try.

Ultimately you may want & like different things, but you can always comprimise on them.

My girlfriend can't stand how much I talk about this damned car, but when I showed her a picture of the RS4, she said "Ok, now *that* I'll take instead of a ring as an engagement present!"

She'll never be a car enthusiast, but she has asked that I take her out & teach her to really *drive* in snow - by trying to see my side of it, she can see the value and even the *fun* of it.

Now the question is what comprimises have *I* given her? Then answer is "plenty," but it's beyond the scope of this forum...
Old 09-11-1999, 04:32 AM
mpm

Way to go dude! Marriage is the art of compromise - and it only gets better, now get that S4!
Old 09-11-1999, 07:51 PM
A friend

Default I am glad!

I hope things work out for you. I have been rooting for you and did give a prayer also (even if you don't believe in that). Anyways, I agree with all the replies in one way or another because each was given secondary to each person's experiencees and personalities.

I see that you are finding your own style and it sounds great, from the sounds of it you love your wife and therefore it would be unacceptable for you to leave without a fight (for her and your continued love).

Take care and maybe you could show her why the S4 is such a kickass car, too bad the back seat isn't bigger, heh heh. ;-)
Good luck!
Old 09-11-1999, 08:59 PM
atheist

need we really start preaching in the A4.org forums?