S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

P1530 fault...Audi club allow you on track with CEL on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1530 fault...Audi club allow you on track with CEL on?

CEL is on...getting fault code P1530 (Camshaft Control Circuit Short to ground).

Did some searches on here and seems people get this fault a fair amount but usually it comes with other electrical/wiring short faults and often with revving/driving problems. My car seems to be running fine at idle and while driving (CEL doesnt usually come on at idle, only once you start driving).

Trying to figure out how serious this is (i.e. can I track it) or if it's just a faulty ECU and wiring getting old...the car is an '02 with 49k miles.

2 quick questions:

1) Anyone get just this fault (without any others)?

2) Does audi club let you on the track with CEL on (assuming you get a technician to sign off on the track day checklist)? Supposed to track it this weekend in New Hamp. at an audi club event...been to other events that are fine with it, hoping audi club is the same.

Thanks for the help.

-Matt
Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be fine, I've never had anyone at tech give me a hard time for a CEL. There are enough guys out there running around throwing codes for aftermarket exhausts, turboz, or actual problems, you won't be the only one. As long as you can get your form signed off. Of course, if you dump coolant or oil, you will get flagged, so make sure there's nothing actually wrong with the car. HOLLA!