S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Read This: Bad News S4 Delivery pospone confirm by Audi USA

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-1999, 09:48 AM
JFR

Default Read This: Bad News S4 Delivery pospone confirm by Audi USA

Dear S4 fans,
I have got confirmation this morning of very bad news. here is the story:

I visited my Audi Sales Manager( Monday, Aug. 31st, 10 am est)and found out when they will release S4 from the port. He decided to phone his Audi representative who had just came back from a meeting at AoA all last week. I was there to listen to the conversation,
Here it is:

" The release date has been set for the first week of October, yes, October, and price list to be issued on the week of September 25th, All the Y2K cars will be released at the same time in North America.
We have enough 1999 in our back yard to do a release before. Period."
I don't know what you guys think about that one but I'm real "pissed-off".
I have been waiting since Oct.98 when I placed my order with the dealer. Sold my 98 A4 2.8 QM last week thinking at least to wait another 2 weeks max! I will probably ask them if it comes with Winter tires since I live in the NorthEastern.
It is my intention to write a letter of complaint to AoA, and I think everybody else should do the same.
If you don't believe me. Go to your dealer and have them phone their Audi rep. in front of you.
Try this!!
This is not acceptable, it is illogical for the Audi S4 customers who leverage their products.

If I would have known, I would have ordered it for this spring instead, now that my car is sold I have to live with it.
But not without AoA knowing what I think about their Sales & marketing group.

" LET'S ALL UNITE AND CONTEST FOR AN EARLIER RELEASE!!!"

A Very very "UPSET" Audi Customer.
JFR

S4 00" in the hand of AoA.
Old 08-30-1999, 09:55 AM
del

Default I find this hard to believe. I am in denial.

I can't go another month driving the beater mobile. It broke down again last week, alternator this time.

If this continues to go on much longer there are more than a few M3's sitting around on dealer lots.
Old 08-30-1999, 09:57 AM
JJB-IL

Default Re: Read This: Bad News S4 Delivery pospone confirm by Audi USA

JFR,

I am with you! I have also been on the waitlist since October '98 and I am fed up with this bull. What is this bout 99 inventory, there are no '99 S4's (in the states anyway). I am seriously considering other options (Audi TTQ to modify, BMW M Roadster, M3 Convertible) I know that the s4 is/will be amazing but enough is enough. I will also call Audi and my dealer to see if I can find anything out. I also sold my car but I'm not sure if I can wait until October. Price release last week of Ocober, Good Grief!!

JJB-IL
Old 08-30-1999, 10:00 AM
steve l o

Default So, our cars are sitting there...

Just waiting for the next upset dock worker to scratch them. Some upset seagull to unload its frustration on the cars. I don't get it. This is almost enough to make me seek other means of car manufacturers. I think I'll start looking else where for a car. Thanks AoA, nice to know you have some great customer appreciation.

Steve
Old 08-30-1999, 10:05 AM
JJB-IL

Price release end of September I meant above
Old 08-30-1999, 10:08 AM
Paul Allen

Is Audi really stupid enough to **** off their best (early-adopter, most-enthusiastic) customers????
Old 08-30-1999, 10:18 AM
JJB-IL

Seems that way!
Old 08-30-1999, 10:41 AM
Another Drew

Default Postponed? Did AoA have an official release date?

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that AoA didn't even have an official release date? Wasn't everybody guessing the release to be after Monteray based on unconfirmed contact info? If AoA never had an official release date, then how could they have POSTPONED it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of waiting for my S4. I've sold my A4 and have been driving around in a hoopdy '89 accord.

Drew
Old 08-30-1999, 10:52 AM
Vijay

Just spoke with my dealer (Hoffman Audi, East Hartford, Connecticut) at 2:45pm today. Release date according to them is still LABOR DAY. I should get the car within 7-10 days after that.
Old 08-30-1999, 10:57 AM
JJB-IL

Where did they get Labor Day? It seems that they are the only ones that know of a delivery date for sure? I sure hope its labor day!!!!

JJB-IL

Quick Reply: Read This: Bad News S4 Delivery pospone confirm by Audi USA