S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 at Diablo Audi

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-1999, 09:30 PM
Steve Ryan

Default S4 at Diablo Audi

Forgive me if this has been posted. I've been away. But, Diablo Audi in Concord, CA has a parking lot full of TT's and S4's with an army of German techs. I was told that they are for a show this weekend. Hmm, wonder what that could be?
Old 08-25-1999, 09:33 PM
Steve S.

Default Hey Steve...whaz up?

That is the dealer I posted about a couple of days ago...they got over
70+ cars in for the Monterey Historics...they are not for public
consumption though...and the AoA supplied mechanics took the
car keys with them when they went to the hotel each night...Diablo
couldn't touch em. I really wanted to drive up there to see a nOgaro
blue S4.

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
Old 08-25-1999, 09:48 PM
Steve Ryan

Default Re: Hey Steve...whaz up?

Hey Steve. I've been out of touch for a while. What's the poop on the show this weekend? How long does it take to get to Monterey from good ol CV. I almost missed this event. I would have been disappointed. Maybe I'll see you there. By the way, Diablo says the cars will be there for a few days next week if anyone misses them at Monterey.
Old 08-26-1999, 06:52 AM
Steve S.

Default Steve, check out the Quattro Club USA site...or the Laguna Seca website to find a lot of details

I personally know of over 80 audi owners going. If you go on Saturday (the crowded day) make sure you get to the track early...I mean early (7am)....probably leave CV by about 5:30am (yuck...I know). If you want to miss some of the crowd...go on Sunday...a bunch of people will be at Pebble Beach at the Concours de Elegance. I will be in the Audi corral...guarding cars...on Sunday morning 7-11am...that is the only for sure thing I am doing...EXCEPT for the Saturday night dinner with the club at the Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley (7pm)...see the NorCal A4 Club page for more details...

Steve S.
97 2.8QM

P.S. I leave at 10am (TODAY) for Monterey<ul><li><a href="http://www.norcala4club.com">NorCal A4 Owners Club website</a></li></ul>
Old 08-26-1999, 11:18 AM
Stoney

Default Thanks! Visiting Diablo...

<i>"Diablo says the cars will be there for a few days next week if anyone misses
them at Monterey." </i>

Thanks for mentioning that. I am trying to get out there, but in the last 3 days I've taken my fiancee to her surgeon, my rabbit to the vet (twice), and myself to the cardiologist (all this waiting has stressed me). If I can't go Friday, I'll try Monday.

I took some pics of a yellow S4 at Carlsen (Palo Alto) Tuesday. I plan to take some S4 and A6 2.7T pics at Diablo, focusing on wheel and sport seat options. I'll post when I get 'em.