S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

US "launch" cars release from port 9/22 ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-1999, 08:47 PM
Nate Sammons

Default US "launch" cars release from port 9/22 ???

This weekend I finalized getting my hands on my local Audi dealership's "launch" car that they were thinking of keeping as a demo car (bah!)

Anyway, they said that the car was in port in Huston and that AoA was going to release them on 9/22 (possibly sooner). Anyone know any more details about this?

I'm so excited I can's sleep ;-)

-nate

1998.5 A4 1.8TQ, soon to be a 2000 S4Q
(Laser Red, Convenience, Cold-weather, Bose and silver seat inserts.... mmmmmmm...)
Old 09-13-1999, 04:28 AM
Bruce K

Default Re: Sources at my local dealership state that.....

the S4 should be released this week in Houston. Momentum Audi in Houston should have a car to view this week. However, I believe it has been sold.
Old 09-13-1999, 04:47 AM
Vijay

Default Re: US "launch" cars release from port 9/22 ???

First batch released last Thursday. What this means is that cars have started to leave the port at a rate of 30-50 per day. They should all be at dealerships by the end of this week or early next week at the latest. INCLUDING MINE-WAHOOOOO!!!
Old 09-13-1999, 06:00 AM
Steve S.

Default I have a theory

The first cars that leave port are to be use for display purposes only....This is meant to get product to the dealership, so that when they do their print/TV advertisement that there is something to see at the dealers. The second shipment will be to those individuals that have ordered cars. Sound feasible?

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
Old 09-13-1999, 06:11 AM
Oscar

Default What happens is that...........

Audi is sending all the sales consultants to a ride event in different parts of the country and until all the events are over, Audi will release the cars.
Old 09-13-1999, 06:34 AM
Steve S.

Is this THE Oscar Ramirez....OSCAR HAS SPOKEN (just like the Wizard of Oz)
Old 09-13-1999, 06:36 AM
Scot McKay

Default This bears witness to what I have been told...

Most dealers are getting one or two cars only on the initial allocation. However, we all know that pretty much all of those cars are sold anyway--there still won't be anything to see at the dealerships.
Old 09-13-1999, 07:42 AM
Todd W :)

Yeah, and he makes even less sense!
Old 09-13-1999, 07:54 AM
Chris

Default Re: Sources at my local dealership state that.....

my car will be released tomorrow (Tuesday, the 14th), so maybe I'll have it by the end of the week... I hope.
Old 09-13-1999, 08:12 AM
Nate Sammons

Default Re: I have a theory.... could be.

The car I'm buying actually *is* the dealer's demo car. I didn't place an order a year ago, I was just in the right place at the right time and convinced them to sell it to me.

-nate

Quick Reply: US "launch" cars release from port 9/22 ???