S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Where did everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did everyone go?

I havent been in here much since IB took over but I remember in the old days there could easily be 1000 post a day in here. Sometimes over a 100 in one thread in the span of an hour. But now? Not so much. Where did everyone go?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

It really dropped off in the past couple months but it's been a slow bleed ever since they redisigned the system. Not to mention, alot of the old-timers who used to make this forum, have either sold or lost interest in their cars and moved on, or just simply lost interst in posting. Can't expect people to have the same passion for something forever unfortnunately.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's a shame. AW used to be a wealth of info and knowledge. Seems the older contributors have moved on....mostly to P-Cars it seems.

These cars have gotten too cheap....which brings a, how should I say, less inviting pool of owners.

Can't recall the last time I visited this site, and from seeing all the smack-talking, irrelivant and repedative posts I remember why.

to all that have ruined a wonderful forum:
STFA, and read more than you post......... you'll be a much more posative and informed member of AW / owner of your S4.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thats a shame. I still consider myself a noob I guess but at the rate I see things, I might be a vet in here. I guess I just wondered if people flocked to a different forum, but I can see how some might lose interest in the car and move to something else. Funny thing is, I came from a long Pcar background to Audi.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quite honestly, I have anger issues and I can't stand condescension. The way I understand it, many people left AW because of site redesign or something like that? I don't know as it was before my time. There is lots of activity over on QW, but nothing like it was during the heyday of the B5 S4, I'm sure.

As for the irrelevance, repetitiveness and so on - this is nothing but a load of meaningless crap. All forums are like this, it doesn't matter what the topic or what kind of crowd you have.

You can either contribute and try to make the community better or you can whine about the good-ol' days which, if you were to really think about it, weren't that good either. And if a return to the good old days is what you seek then old timers need to spend more time here passing on their wisdom to the new "less inviting" second or third owners of these cars.

Also, posting nothing but bitchy gripes about the how irrelevant other post are....Oh, the irony kills me.

/end rant
Old 12-01-2009, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AW is still a vast wealth of information due to the archives and tech articles and I hope it never goes away. Many moved over to QW but even that has been relatively quiet compared to the B5 AW forum when I joined a few years back.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Worthless post!... lol Hows the car running?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by complacentsee
Grrrreaat! FMIC came in today but I'm still waiting for the hardware.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats the plan for cutting the bumper support. It can be a real bitch.

I used a combo of a die grinder with mini cuttoffs and angle grinder with a larger one.

If your picking up the JHM hardware make sure the pipes don't touch anything, or they will wear through. But all and all the fitment isn't very hard to get right. If it isn't to late do yourself a favor and pick up an aftermarket power steering cooler. It will make it alot easier.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by complacentsee
Gripes about gripes lol I swear you two are the only people keeping AW halfway relevant.