S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6 - delivered

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
My car arrived at the RI port almost 2 weeks ago and isn't being released for at least a few more days. Hopefully it's not as bad in your case, but just keep in mind that even with a May 11th Houston delivery it might take a few more weeks to actually get a car. My delays throughout the process were similar to yours btw.
Mine came in from Houston. The boat hit the dock on Easter Apr 5. It was on a truck on Weds. I picked it up at the dealer Fri afternoon, Apr 10.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Oh, yeah, I do like the surround view cameras. The resolution is low but it gets the job done (unless it's raining, then the front view doesn't work).
Just curious, can you confirm whether the top view camera is part of the Driver's Assist package. I was getting ready to place an order today and was chatting with the dealer about the top-view parking assist function among other options. Unless I misunderstood, I believe he said the top view camera is included with the base S6 (i..e Driver's Assist is not needed).

I'm trying to pick the options for an S6 order and had it narrowed down to Black Optics and HUD....... but I'm wavering on the Driver's Assist. The dealer said he wouldn't do without Driver's Assist (albeit a biased opinion), but then he also said that in his Audi he turns off both the active lane assist and cruise with start/stop when driving in the city. This would leave only the Audi pre-sense plus active. Therefore, I'm not sure I'm seeing the value with the Driver's assist package.

Has anyone found the Drive Assistant package to be worth including with the S6?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

The Audi USA build configuration for the 2016 S6 lists the "Top and corner view camera system" as part of the "Driver Assistance package"

Driver Assistance package

• Camera and/or distance sensor (driver assistance system)
  • Top and corner view camera system
  • Audi adaptive cruise control with stop & go
  • Audi pre sense® plus
  • High beam assistant
  • Audi active lane assist
Old 04-23-2015, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If only city driving may not use some but anytime driving outside city blocks they are very useful features. But it think the top view is critical always.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Top View is great for parking and getting in and out of the garage. Lane Assist sucks something fierce unless you're on the highway. There, it's kind of fun to let it steer you around corners.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I love the top view camera, its not part of the base S6. Its the only part of the driver's assist package I use regularly - to me the top view camera is worth getting the driver's assist package.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444
The Audi USA build configuration for the 2016 S6 lists the "Top and corner view camera system" as part of the "Driver Assistance package"

Driver Assistance package

• Camera and/or distance sensor (driver assistance system)
  • Top and corner view camera system
  • Audi adaptive cruise control with stop & go
  • Audi pre sense® plus
  • High beam assistant
  • Audi active lane assist
Thanks for the replies.

It appears the Driver's assistant option package is different in Canada. Our Driver's Assistant package includes:
- Audi pre sense plus
- Audi active lane assist
- Adaptive cruise control w/stop&go function

The top view camera and high beam assist are standard with the S6 in Canada.

In fact, the only S6 options we have are: Black optics, Comfort seats, Drivers Assistant, B&O, HUD, and Night Vision.

In general, I think what Audi has done here is increased the price of the base S6 but included more options as standard. For instance - High beam assistant, top view camera, sport differential/exhaust/steering are all standard in the S6. It's not that we don't pay for them, we just don't get the choice.

I agree that Driver's Assistant would be worthwhile particularly with highway driving and will likely add that to my order. With any luck, I'll be able to complete that today.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bradaudi
Thanks for the replies.

It appears the Driver's assistant option package is different in Canada. Our Driver's Assistant package includes:
- Audi pre sense plus
- Audi active lane assist
- Adaptive cruise control w/stop&go function

The top view camera and high beam assist are standard with the S6 in Canada.

In fact, the only S6 options we have are: Black optics, Comfort seats, Drivers Assistant, B&O, HUD, and Night Vision.

In general, I think what Audi has done here is increased the price of the base S6 but included more options as standard. For instance - High beam assistant, top view camera, sport differential/exhaust/steering are all standard in the S6. It's not that we don't pay for them, we just don't get the choice.

I agree that Driver's Assistant would be worthwhile particularly with highway driving and will likely add that to my order. With any luck, I'll be able to complete that today.
Interesting how marketing is different for various markets. In the USA Audi deleted features and lowered the base price for the re-fresh...example we now have to pay extra for the sport diff. Last year it was standard.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Top View is great for parking and getting in and out of the garage. Lane Assist sucks something fierce unless you're on the highway. There, it's kind of fun to let it steer you around corners.
What I found is make sure not to try this when the separated line between lanes in on the outside of the curve. Mine kind of jerked each time a line was seen by the camera.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by joe0816
What I found is make sure not to try this when the separated line between lanes in on the outside of the curve. Mine kind of jerked each time a line was seen by the camera.
Maybe they've enhanced that then for 2016. Mine is smooth in that scenario.

Quick Reply: 2016 S6 - delivered