S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Another S6 convert

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another S6 convert

Traded our 14 A6 3.0 P+ with 45k miles for a brand new leftover 16 S6 P+. Here's a pic of old (right) to new (left):

Observations so far on 20 mile ride home:
- made me even more appreciate just how great of a car the 3.0 A6 is - it really doesn't feel much slower!
- of course the gurgle burble of the V8 is amazing, addictive and totally worth the extra bucks
- sport seats are so much better than standard A6 seats (no idea how they compare to prestige seats)
- difference between Bose and concert Audi sound seems neglectable (both are quite crappy - but who cares with that V8 sound!!!)
- updated MMI much more responsive
- going from 18" to 20" is much less of a shocker than I expected, may have something to do with the overall better adaptive (air) suspension - even on 'crappy' p zeros that everyone seems to complain about around here
- both my wife and 9 mo twin girls seem to like it so that's good

Will post more pics as they come along.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the exact same car....LOVE IT! Congrats!

Last edited by parkstr8; 08-06-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You probably won't notice because it happens gradually, but once the engine breaks in, the S6 will pull harder. If that's not enough, you can always get a tune.
The acceleration was a bit of a disappointment, initially, moving from my tuned MY13 to the new MY16. It's gotten better and I'll probably get another tune down the road.

Good call on the Ibis White. Here are my old Black and new White cars in the same spot for a hot minute.
Name:  IMG_1240.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  165.6 KB
Old 08-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Observations so far on 20 mile ride home:
- made me even more appreciate just how great of a car the 3.0 A6 is - it really doesn't feel much slower!
I had a 3.0 A6 loaner the other day when my S6 was at the dealership for some warranty work. So I did a few 0-60s using my VBOX Sport. The A6 was really not much slower than the stock S6. I did ~5.2-5.5s in the A6 and usually do ~5.0-5.2 in the S6 just flooring it without launch control. I didn't use LC yet on the S6 but would expect to go a bit faster than 5.0. Plotting the acceleration of both cars side by side I saw that the A6 was faster up to ~20 mph and then the S6 would pull away. To my "butt-dyno" the S6 feels much stronger and together with all the other perks well worth the extra money.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frido42
I had a 3.0 A6 loaner the other day when my S6 was at the dealership for some warranty work. So I did a few 0-60s using my VBOX Sport. The A6 was really not much slower than the stock S6. I did ~5.2-5.5s in the A6 and usually do ~5.0-5.2 in the S6 just flooring it without launch control. I didn't use LC yet on the S6 but would expect to go a bit faster than 5.0. Plotting the acceleration of both cars side by side I saw that the A6 was faster up to ~20 mph and then the S6 would pull away. To my "butt-dyno" the S6 feels much stronger and together with all the other perks well worth the extra money.
Tinbad, congrats! White is always a beautiful color for an Audi.

FYI, with a stage 1 tune and properly using launch control, you can achieve 0-60 in 3.5-3.9 seconds.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 08-05-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I owned an A5 for the past four years. After having a baby a little over four months ago, decided I needed the extra two doors. I picked up an S6 from a dealer in Texas, just had the AWE Touring Exhaust put on it. Loving everything about it!
Old 08-05-2016, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys! Some really beautiful rides here. I almost went for a black one too (just so people could tell I actually got a new ride lol) but it was a 17 and the savings on the 16 were just too much to pass on!

My wife is mocking me for getting the same color, so I told her technically it's not the same: the A6 is ibis white, the S6 is glacier but who can tell the difference anyway?
Old 08-06-2016, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444
+1

My S4 was Ibis white, my S6 is Glacier white, both are Black Optic. The cars look the same from a distance to a non-car person, since I put the same style 5 arm rotor wheels on the S6.
Honestly, even I have trouble spotting an A6 from an A4 from a distance, especially when looking at the front.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

5 years ago when I came to the US, my first car was a white mustang convertible. My brother is visiting from Europe and he rented... a white mustang convertible. We took both rides on a beautiful canyon drive today and I took the opportunity to shoot some pics I must say the Mustang handles surprisingly well and is an impressive machine in its own way. Of course, it does not compare with the refinement and power (it was a V6 mustang) with the S6. Nevertheless it is also less than half the price so you can't really compare that way. Looking forward doing a few more drives with him before he leaves back home.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrannbo123

I owned an A5 for the past four years. After having a baby a little over four months ago, decided I needed the extra two doors. I picked up an S6 from a dealer in Texas, just had the AWE Touring Exhaust put on it. Loving everything about it!
Nice car. Bob Hindson? You must be in Kansas City? Recognize the name from when I used to take the 911 there for service. I'm in an S4 at the moment, but looking to possibly do an S6 in the not to distant future although not sure I really want/need the 'bigger' car.....

Quick Reply: Another S6 convert