S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Anyone know the latest date to make a change in a car that has already been ordered?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know the latest date to make a change in a car that has already been ordered?

I have been given a 3/30/15 delivery date for the new Audi I have ordered and am checking to see if I can still make a change in the order? I am asking here first because I just finished a long arduous negotiation with my sales person and he finally agreed to give me the additional Audi Supplier discount I had requested.

Doing some quick research here first to see if this is even possible or if the car has already been built?

p.s. I am on the West Coast

p.p.s. thanks to everyone on this board for alerting me to the Audi Supplier Discount and for tips in negotiating. There is a wealth of knowledge and good advice here!
Old 02-22-2015, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm pretty sure you can't make changes once the order is released to production. My "Delivery in week of 3/23" build hit production on 2/6.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask your rep to log in to accessaudi.com and show you the order screen. If it's been released for production its on the line being made. Anything before that should in theory be changeable.

Congrats on getting the discount. Interested in the details. Did you contact another dealer, threaten to walk? What was your leverage.

I used to negotiate for a living.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stillwaterS6
Ask your rep to log in to accessaudi.com and show you the order screen. If it's been released for production its on the line being made. Anything before that should in theory be changeable.

Congrats on getting the discount. Interested in the details. Did you contact another dealer, threaten to walk? What was your leverage.

I used to negotiate for a living.

I negotiate for a living as well and used most of the above and added in a note about how I run my business and work to improve the deal for my clients all the way to the finish when the product is delivered and the sale is completed. I can PM you a copy of my e-mail if you like.

p.s. found out my car has been built and will be loaded on the boat next week for the 3/30 arrival on the West Coast. Woo hoo, can't wait to see and drive my 2016 S6! Excited about joining the Audi family and grateful for all of the tips here.

Last edited by NVJeff; 02-22-2015 at 07:16 PM.