S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Audi! Offer an S6 "Plus" upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi! Offer an S6 "Plus" upgrade!

Audi recently announced their own version of a "tune" for the S8 - called the "S8 Plus"

Audi S8 Plus: An Audi S8, Plus 85 Horsepower ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

The biggest issue with getting an APR or GIAC tune is the concern around warranty.

With so many customers wanting a tune for extra HP, why wouldn't Audi take advantage of customer demand and offer an aftermarket 'Plus" tune themselves? Charge us $3,000 for a tune that unleashes the potential of our motor and that is backed by Audi's warranty.

To me, this is a no-brainer and a win-win for Audi and its customers. Volvo has figured this out with their "polestar" option.

So Audi - Im telling you to take my money - just offer me an in-warranty tune!
Old 08-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

have you looked at RaceChip for your S6? if you want more power like 120hp and keep your warranty intact that is what i would do. Save a lot of money in the process
Old 08-16-2015, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi! Offer an S6 "Plus" upgrade!

My problem with a tune is the transmission. In the other high HP applications, RS6/RS7/S8, Audi chose the ZF8 speed. Not sure if the dual clutch could take it imo.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Martin89
have you looked at RaceChip for your S6? if you want more power like 120hp and keep your warranty intact that is what i would do. Save a lot of money in the process
I can't find it now but I think I've read threads in this board that indicated that the warranty support for race chip is no more?

I'd be thrilled if that wasn't the case. If I could get a tune that was formally supported by Audi warranty I'd do it immediately.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stillwaterS6
My problem with a tune is the transmission. In the other high HP applications, RS6/RS7/S8, Audi chose the ZF8 speed. Not sure if the dual clutch could take it imo.
That's not a problem for customers if Audi supports it with warranty.

Of course that might be a problem for Audi, which may be why they don't support this idea.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well i have a 3rd party warranty and had my gearbox rebuilt through them for my old bmw. RaceChip does not leave a trace in the car systems so warranty claims can go through. If you want more power than you may have a problem
Old 08-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by djsiry
Audi recently announced their own version of a "tune" for the S8 - called the "S8 Plus"

Audi S8 Plus: An Audi S8, Plus 85 Horsepower ?*News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

The biggest issue with getting an APR or GIAC tune is the concern around warranty.

With so many customers wanting a tune for extra HP, why wouldn't Audi take advantage of customer demand and offer an aftermarket 'Plus" tune themselves? Charge us $3,000 for a tune that unleashes the potential of our motor and that is backed by Audi's warranty.

To me, this is a no-brainer and a win-win for Audi and its customers. Volvo has figured this out with their "polestar" option.

So Audi - Im telling you to take my money - just offer me an in-warranty tune!
Got me excited there for a second. Thought the title said "Audi OFFERS an S6 "Plus" upgrade!"
Old 08-17-2015, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cdubya19
Got me excited there for a second. Thought the title said "Audi OFFERS an S6 "Plus" upgrade!"
Just offer a S6 plus and I'll be all over it! I'd do it for the carbon ceramic brakes only.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default RaceChip Question and Answer re: TD1 flag

I posted a question about voiding the warranty on RaceChips Amazon listing and they replied that their product does not cause a TD1 flag because it does not alter the ECU.

See
here here
:

I am interested in trying this but I can't find much in the way of customers talking about their experience with this product.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mattsam
Just offer a S6 plus and I'll be all over it! I'd do it for the carbon ceramic brakes only.
Everytime I hear carbon ceramic brakes, I think "mMmmm carbon ceramic brakes," then I think expensive brake job.

Quick Reply: Audi! Offer an S6 "Plus" upgrade!