S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

First S6 or stay with BMW? S6 owners please chime in.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
I don't get it?
I was talking about the M5, M6 M3 all do not come with run flats even the X5M does not! those are real M cars not a M550 or a M535
Old 12-01-2016, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a little less than an hour away from Autobahn Country Club in Joliet Illinois. I realize the S6 isn't a track car but I just want to drive it fast and loud. I won't set any course records but I will be smiling along the way.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Kaner88
I am a little less than an hour away from Autobahn Country Club in Joliet Illinois. I realize the S6 isn't a track car but I just want to drive it fast and loud. I won't set any course records but I will be smiling along the way.
So we're neighbors! (Ivanhoe/Mundelein here...)

There's actually a fairly active Audi Club chapter here in Chicago - you should come out to one of our GTGs. They've also sponsored some track outings in the past. Head here to introduce yourself:

quattroworld.com Forums: Chicagoland Region

Also, these guys run really good track days, and have Autobahn on the schedule for June 2017:

MVP Track Time

Last edited by ZCD2.7T; 12-01-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIO
I was talking about the M5, M6 M3 all do not come with run flats even the X5M does not! those are real M cars not a M550 or a M535
As an ex-M3 owner, the fact that BMW now slaps the M badge on everything is a real turn off to me.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Where are you picking the S6 up from? I drove one last week and it was bloody fast. Faster than the 550i I drove a few months back. But I didn't buy it only because I don't have the time to drive much (weekly driving is less than 50 miles). But yes. The S6 will make you giggle like a baby every time you drive it.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonator
As an ex-M3 owner, the fact that BMW now slaps the M badge on everything is a real turn off to me.
I totally agree!! now MB is slapping AMG on everything also!!
Old 12-03-2016, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Yes, Audi got it right first time around with A/S/RS. BMW and Mercedes continue to make a complete hash of trying to copy this successful 3 tier approach.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
So we're neighbors! (Ivanhoe/Mundelein here...)

There's actually a fairly active Audi Club chapter here in Chicago - you should come out to one of our GTGs. They've also sponsored some track outings in the past. Head here to introduce yourself:

quattroworld.com Forums: Chicagoland Region

Also, these guys run really good track days, and have Autobahn on the schedule for June 2017:

MVP Track Time
Small world. I am taking the S6 out there on 6/24 with Laps Inc. Should be a blast.

Ill check out the audi group, thanks for the info
Old 12-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We ended up just shy of 8% below MSRP and 1.5% below invoice. The biggest complaint Ive read about the S6 is price and understeer. I am happy with the final price and I don't think I will notice any understeer tearing up the streets on the way to my office. Ironically I do have an incredible road course near my house that I plan on hitting a couple times next year just for fun. I am looking forward to pushing the V8 before they become extinct.

Thank you to everyone that chimed in. I hope the boat carrying the car drives fast!
How are you guys getting these amazing prices? I spec'd out a 2016 that was just over $90k MSRP and I think I got the salesman down to $84k range, but he seemed pretty firm at that point and I had a long time influential customer telling him to basically give the car to me with no profit. Granted it was early 2016 vs. late 2016 and this was a 2016 MY.

If I were to order a new 2017 now, what is fair pricing? The prices Kaner88 and Tinbad are quoting sound pretty great...1.5% below invoice is definitely right around cost if not losing a few bucks from what I have read about dealer profitability.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SilverTT2000
How are you guys getting these amazing prices? I spec'd out a 2016 that was just over $90k MSRP and I think I got the salesman down to $84k range, but he seemed pretty firm at that point and I had a long time influential customer telling him to basically give the car to me with no profit. Granted it was early 2016 vs. late 2016 and this was a 2016 MY.

If I were to order a new 2017 now, what is fair pricing? The prices Kaner88 and Tinbad are quoting sound pretty great...1.5% below invoice is definitely right around cost if not losing a few bucks from what I have read about dealer profitability.

I'd need to check 2017 pricing just to be sure there were not any major changes.

First of all it so important to mention the two major other areas that will affect someone's final price. Those other two area's being: 1.) Do you have a trade? 2.) Do you intend on financing with the dealership? There's no way to really "certify" someone's claim on what price they got with out those specifics.

I can say invoice seems to be about 6.9% below MSRP, and most dealers will sell a car at invoice price. If you have a trade and intend on financing with the dealership you'll find that there's a little more room to negotiate.

Last edited by MikeS6; 12-08-2016 at 04:04 PM.