S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Joining the community...new '16 S6 on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining the community...new '16 S6 on the way!

Hello all, first time poster here. Excited to say that my local dealer is doing a dealer transfer and getting me a new Glacier White S6 this week - black optics, sport package, carbon atlas inlays, LED headlights. I had a couple of questions -

1). Any good after-market shift ***** that are more rounded like the RS models? I did a search and some found threads about C6 owners making the switch, but it seemed like a pretty involved project.

2). Do you guys recommend a skid plate/pad for the front lip?
Old 07-13-2016, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations! You're absolutely going to love the car - mine is 2 months old and I still get excited to hop in it.

No real good advice for your two questions, but I can provide the below given I'm also a new owner:

- You have the sport pkg (as do I). Exhaust is the best yet (stock) on these somewhat quiet cars. I, as many have, replaced the rear resonator with an X-pipe. It opens up the exhaust about 20-25% more - the car sounds absolutely incredible. Unless your intentions are to get a "real exhaust" (i.e. AWE or the like), it is definitely worth the $250 and a trip to a muffler shop.

- I installed a K&N filter, no real noticeable difference but it's an option.

- Welcome to the Brake Dust Capital of the World !!!! You could drive 3 miles, bottle the brake dust from all 4 wheels, add a little water, and literally paint an office building grey with it. I've tried Opti-Coating the wheels, waxing the wheels, not much help. Then, against every ounce of hobbyist detailer in me, I bought the Armor All (can't believe I just typed that) brake dust repeller spray. It actually does work, lasts about 30 days. For maintenance cleaning, in between washes if you're ocd like myself, wipe the wheel with a DRY microfiber first, then spray some quick detailer and wipe with a different microfiber. This allows for much easier cleaning - doesn't just move all the wet brake dust around and destroy a towel in one sitting.

Congrats, have fun smoking most all cars out there
Old 07-13-2016, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

CONGRATS!!! Mine is very close to yours -20's but not the BO package, and I have full LED, sport, Bose, and Driver Assist.

Love it so far. I am going to put the RS grill on, and am trying to figure out swapping the 20's that came with it for BO type 20's. Either Hartmann or there are others like them on Ebay, like the RS6 replica. Issue I'm having is Hartmann is out of the 40offset, but I have 15mm spacers on all corners anyway, dropping it to 25. On Ebay the offsets are 32, 35, 40 and 29???? all 20x9.

Anyway....enjoy it as much as I am!!!
Old 07-16-2016, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by OF Hero
Hello all, first time poster here. Excited to say that my local dealer is doing a dealer transfer and getting me a new Glacier White S6 this week - black optics, sport package, carbon atlas inlays, LED headlights. I had a couple of questions -

1). Any good after-market shift ***** that are more rounded like the RS models? I did a search and some found threads about C6 owners making the switch, but it seemed like a pretty involved project.

2). Do you guys recommend a skid plate/pad for the front lip?

I'd be interested in purchasing your **** from you if you get a replacement, assuming it's basically "new". The leather on mine got damaged during the trip over from Germany some how, I didn't really notice it during the test drive/delivery when I did I thought to myself that the impressions would kinda relax-away (Disappear over time), but unfortunately its perma-damage.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Picked it up yesterday! Exceeded all expectations!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congratulations! Looks excellent in White...that was my second choice.

Chris JB

2016 S6 Prestige - Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Optic Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay
Old 07-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations and excellent choice!