S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

March order thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the black optic package but I prefer the aluminum mirrors. I had my dealer put the aluminum mirror caps on my S6.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

So the Florida Highway made it to port yesterday, how do you find out when a car gets put on a truck?
Old 07-06-2015, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call your dealer and have them look at your order screen. It will update with the loaded date on truck. Should go on truck today and then a few days to your dealer unless they are backed up at port.

Jacksonville it went on truck day after ship arrived and was to virginia 2 working days later.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your Chicago though. That is a good distance. I'm betting it will show up at dealer this Friday or Monday (hoping for Friday for you)
Old 07-13-2015, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

It didn't show up over the weekend, hoping it shows up today. Unfortunately sitting at the airport and won't be back until Tuesday night, so I hope to pick it up Wed then off to get the opti-coat done.

I was going to have opti-coat put on the wheels, any feedback if that helps in cleaning of the wheels?
Old 07-13-2015, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

My car finally showed up last thursday. Spent the weekend getting everything out of my car "modwise" and finally picking her up today. Tint appointment on Wednesday. Will post pics when I think shes done.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had the windows and wheels Opticoated last week

I haven't washed them yet as they told me to give it a week before washing. However I can say that the few days I had it before doing the opticoat the wheels got dirty quick and so far even with some light rain the wheels are shining pretty good. Hoping any dirt will rinse right off with the coating. So far glad I did it

Also I said have driven in some light rain and the water just flies off the windshield really not needing wipers.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cbl1
I had the windows and wheels Opticoated last week

I haven't washed them yet as they told me to give it a week before washing. However I can say that the few days I had it before doing the opticoat the wheels got dirty quick and so far even with some light rain the wheels are shining pretty good. Hoping any dirt will rinse right off with the coating. So far glad I did it

Also I said have driven in some light rain and the water just flies off the windshield really not needing wipers.
I had my S6 opticoated after I got it in June. I live off some dusty back roads and my cars have always stayed dirty, even 1 drive after washing would have a thick coat of dust. Now with the opticoat it stays cleaner much longer and a gentle rain washes the dust right off. I love it.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Finally Here!!!! Pickup Tomorrow AM

Old 07-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^ That is absolutely beautiful!! Made me fall in love with Misano Red. I also became a fan of the face-lifted HID headlights even though most people like the LEDs, I actually prefer the HIDs in some situations. They match the car a lot and the projector placement looks better then on my pre-facelift.

Quick Reply: March order thread