S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Mudflaps / mudguards for S6

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudflaps / mudguards for S6

Hi - I had thought I'd seen a post on this topic previously, but couldn't locate it. Just wondering if anyone has found mudflaps / mudguards that would fit a 2016 S6.

I picked my S6 up today and have been totally impressed in the few hours that I've had it. It's exceeded expectations in every way. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of mudflaps. I could be wrong, but I'm assuming the lack of protection is going to lead to potential scratching from road debris, or, at best, a need to clean behind the wheel wells more frequently.

The dealer said that there isn't an OEM mudflap available for the S6. I had them on my A4 (previous car), so had expected Audi would make them for the S6 as well. So far, I haven't seen any after market flaps that would work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bradaudi
The dealer said that there isn't an OEM mudflap available for the S6. I had them on my A4 (previous car), so had expected Audi would make them for the S6 as well. So far, I haven't seen any after market flaps that would work either.
The dealer is correct. There are no mudflaps for the S-line body. You could install paint protection film on the lower body surfaces. Audi does have a small piece behind the front wheels.

Another option is to make small wings like the ones I saw on a TT at the Glen.

Name:  Glen%202012%20057_zpspaljw7u2.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  129.3 KB

Name:  Glen%202012%20058_zpsysawbvuj.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  116.4 KB
Old 08-22-2015, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tenspeed. I just looked and see what you mean regarding the piece of paint protection film that Audi installs at the factory (I had full Expel installed, so just assumed this was after market as well). It's interesting that Audi puts it behind the front wheels only and positions it about 12" back from the wheel well. Not obvious, but maybe that's where the majority of stone damage is likely to occur.

I do like the wings on the TT in the photos you included. I'm not sure who carries a product like that, but I'll check around

I did ask the dealer if they could just put Suntek or Expel PPF behind each of the wheel wells, but he mentioned that the film starts to get chewed up pretty quick and doesn't look good. However, if that's true, I have to think it's better the film take the abuse than the paint itself.

Another option he mentioned to protect the painted area within the wheel well itself, is a product similar to the bed liner covering they use on pickups. His PPF guy will install that if I'm interested.

A bit surprised that more people aren't concerned about the lack of road debris protection around the wheel. Does anyone with a more experienced S6 find that they are seeing significant paint damage due to the lack of mudflaps?

If not, maybe (I hope) I'm worrying about nothing.

Last edited by bradaudi; 08-22-2015 at 04:07 PM.