S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

New A6/7 WILL have MIB 2 platform!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Odd, because Audi stated that all 2016 models will be replaced with MIB-2 from 2016 onwards and the A4 2016 will be in the USA this year. Thank you for answering though. the Audi A6, A7 and TT were the first according to the Audi video.
source:
Old 03-14-2015, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pretty sure they said all "new" models. The other vehicles get it at their refresh intervals.

I just watched the video. At about 2 minues it says you can swap between CarPlay and the built-in system. Looks like we're getting it after all.

EDIT: I just looked it up and INRIX is the same company that provides the enhanced traffic in my wife's BMW. It's better than Sirius but is nowhere near Waze or even Google Maps.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 03-14-2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes Audi said all new models which includes the 2016 Audi A4 and other refresh models this year onwards.
About XM traffic, it tells you that you are in a traffic jam after the fact. That happened to me when I was driving from Buffalo, NY to Virginia last year, really did not help since I was already in the traffic Jam.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Pretty sure they said all "new" models. The other vehicles get it at their refresh intervals.

I just watched the video. At about 2 minues it says you can swap between CarPlay and the built-in system. Looks like we're getting it after all.

EDIT: I just looked it up and INRIX is the same company that provides the enhanced traffic in my wife's BMW. It's better than Sirius but is nowhere near Waze or even Google Maps.

From Audi USa press release

""Connected Audi models are: A3, S3, Q3, A4, S4, allroad, A5, S5, Q5, SQ5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, TT, TTS, A8, and S8
High-speed connectivity supports enhanced traffic information, over-the-air map updates, social media and mobile app integration, as well as Internet radio""
and
""An accompanying mobile app will allow advanced functionality between the MMI system and smartphones.""

Since the Audi A4 2016 has not arrived yet, I know that that car is included with the MIB-2 because you need a faster processor to drive two navigation screens and a 4G connection to power real time connection.

Audi and AT&T to wirelessly connect 2016 model year vehicles | Audi USA
Old 03-14-2015, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by james.bond
From Audi USa press release

""Connected Audi models are: A3, S3, Q3, A4, S4, allroad, A5, S5, Q5, SQ5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, TT, TTS, A8, and S8
High-speed connectivity supports enhanced traffic information, over-the-air map updates, social media and mobile app integration, as well as Internet radio""
and
""An accompanying mobile app will allow advanced functionality between the MMI system and smartphones.""

Since the Audi A4 2016 has not arrived yet, I know that that car is included with the MIB-2 because you need a faster processor to drive two navigation screens and a 4G connection to power real time connection.

Audi and AT&T to wirelessly connect 2016 model year vehicles | Audi USA
That list is a list of every car Audi sells in the US. It doesn't mean that all of them are MIB-2.

If you read further into that press release you'll see that it explicitly says that only the 6, 7, and TT have the enhanced functionality. The remainder will get it when they get a refresh or redesign.

For the 4, that might be 2016 or it might be 2017. I don't believe anything has been announced on the B9 yet.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

This could be the MMI app?

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mmi-connect/id570608111
Attached Images    
Old 03-14-2015, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

That list is a list of every car Audi sells in the US. It doesn't mean that all of them are MIB-2.

If you read further into that press release you'll see that it explicitly says that only the 6, 7, and TT have the enhanced functionality. The remainder will get it when they get a refresh or redesign.

For the 4, that might be 2016 or it might be 2017. I don't believe anything has been announced on the B9 yet.
Almost but not all, The R8 is not included. Audi said that the R8 will be in the 2017 model with MIB-2 and 4G LTE
Old 03-16-2015, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

cannot have the carplay or auto android without the MIB-2. Since the new release specifically states that the 2016 models will have those apps, they will have MIB-2. The apps will not be on the prior MMI
source: (for VW) but same system for Audi
Volkswagen MIB II Infotainment System First Impressions Review - Reviewed.com Cars
Old 03-16-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by james.bond
cannot have the carplay or auto android without the MIB-2. Since the new release specifically states that the 2016 models will have those apps, they will have MIB-2. The apps will not be on the prior MMI
source: (for VW) but same system for Audi
Volkswagen MIB II Infotainment System First Impressions Review - Reviewed.com Cars
Unless a car is refreshed for 2016 it will NOT have MIB-2. All other models will stick with the existing hardware and 3G service rather than LTE.

The A4/5, A8, etc will not get the new hardware until their refresh cycles hit.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

The A4/5, A8, etc will not get the new hardware until their refresh cycles hit.
Would that be a reason not to go with a '15 A8 vs an '16 A6/S6?

Quick Reply: New A6/7 WILL have MIB 2 platform!