S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

New Order: 2016 S6 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Go123
Does anyone know if you can opt for all season tires on a 20" wheel package?
Nope, you can't. I asked a couple of Audi dealerships - some offered to swap the tires on arrival (at a cost). Summer tires aren't going to do well in my neck of the woods, especially if the car arrives before the end of snow season. Still considering options on that though.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by amelen
Nope, you can't. I asked a couple of Audi dealerships - some offered to swap the tires on arrival (at a cost). Summer tires aren't going to do well in my neck of the woods, especially if the car arrives before the end of snow season. Still considering options on that though.
That's better than I'm doing. My dealer ignores me every time I ask about a buy-back.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
That's better than I'm doing. My dealer ignores me every time I ask about a buy-back.
I think the best bet might be to buy a separate set of wheels/tires for the winter; there are some good options on ebay. That's the route I'll probably be going - waiting to see when the delivery will happen, I'm thinking I might need it until next winter.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

You can order 20" wheels with the A 7, but not with the S 7. I understand the 20" wheels are the A 7 give a much harder ride if that's what you are looking for.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sammersam
You can order 20" wheels with the A 7, but not with the S 7. I understand the 20" wheels are the A 7 give a much harder ride if that's what you are looking for.
2016 S7's have an option of 19", 20" or 21".

http://alexmelen.com/2016AudiOrderGuide.pdf - page 12.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think the best bet might be to buy a separate set of wheels/tires for the winter; there are some good options on ebay. That's the route I'll probably be going - waiting to see when the delivery will happen, I'm thinking I might need it until next winter.
That was the original plan but I really don't want to store a second set for the bulk of the year and I don't feel like laying out $3500 for a dedicated set of winter gear.

I've been getting by with Conti DWS for years and I love them.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Go123
Does anyone know if you can opt for all season tires on a 20" wheel package?
Don't believe so - I asked my salesman. I just bought some all seasons and now I'm stuck with the performance. I don't intend to put them back on in the spring, so I'm trying to sell them. Posted the ad in the classifieds.
Z
Old 12-22-2014, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Don't believe so - I asked my salesman. I just bought some all seasons and now I'm stuck with the performance. I don't intend to put them back on in the spring, so I'm trying to sell them. Posted the ad in the classifieds.
Z
Did you buy the all seasons from the dealership? How much was it?
Old 12-24-2014, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you buy the all seasons from the dealership? How much was it?
No way would I buy through the dealership, waaaayyyy too much. Got them at Costco; another alternative that I used on a Porsche I used to have was Tire Rack - very, very competitive pricing and their service is A++. Got rims and tires from them, unpackaged them and mounted. Balanced, air, TPMS - it was almost too easy!

If I can't sell the performance, I'll just remount in the spring and wear them out - Costco offers a remounting deal where you pay a small fee to remount the tires, as long as you purchased a set from them, so I'm good.
Z

Last edited by zekeman; 12-24-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Doubt it - I feel like someone would have mentioned it in the reviews or PR.
Do you have a copy or link of the official PR for USA?

Quick Reply: New Order: 2016 S6 Prestige