S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 Damaged at the Dealership (In for warranty work)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you can make the drive, I think you would be much happier with Audi Westwood. Call and introduce yourself to Aaron Anger, the Service Mgr. Explain your situation with your current dealer and that Westwood was recommended by Glenn Rogers. He will take care of you next visit. Also, try and make your appt. with Mike Costello, the best SA on staff. Mike is a good guy as well and also knows me well. Be sure to stop in and chat with Aaron when you go in. BTW, loaners are always available when you book an appt.
I'm gonna go here for my 45k service. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

As usual, Glenn's advice/approach is sage and sane. Thanks Glenn for all you do on this forum.

Switch to different dealer is indicated despite fact that damage was resolved given your experience and how you feel. I had a negative experience with Audi Natick -- before I settled on a new local to me /15 A6 3.0T. I was in negotiations with Natick for a CPO A6 that was a service loaner. They were a bit late in disclosing some damage to rear bumper and had I not pressed for high resolution pictures of entire car I had the feeling they would not have made the disclosure.

I hope your service experience going forward is more satisfying. I too switched from my selling dealer to one closer to home and have been happy with their performance.

Best,
Jeff
Old 10-24-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Acuransx
As usual, Glenn's advice/approach is sage and sane. Thanks Glenn for all you do on this forum.

Switch to different dealer is indicated despite fact that damage was resolved given your experience and how you feel. I had a negative experience with Audi Natick -- before I settled on a new local to me /15 A6 3.0T. I was in negotiations with Natick for a CPO A6 that was a service loaner. They were a bit late in disclosing some damage to rear bumper and had I not pressed for high resolution pictures of entire car I had the feeling they would not have made the disclosure.

I hope your service experience going forward is more satisfying. I too switched from my selling dealer to one closer to home and have been happy with their performance.

Best,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff.... I just want to be the last bastion of loyalty when ever I can.
I love making the drive up to Natick, it gives me some drive time in my S6, I love the Dealership sales Team, "Whinna" is a true professional (Sales Manager) all of the sales guys are polished and professional. And the Dealership is Immaculately clean, and organized, even the service dept is spotless. It's strange to me that the service dept is so terrible. Most dealers always say their largest profit bucket is the service dept. so I can't understand why their service is so bad...
I guess I am resigned to the fact that I have no choice, and must seek another dealer to have service done.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

It's not uncommon for the sales dept to be a completely different experience from the service dept. They are two completely separate profit centers within a dealer organization and each answer only to the GM. Unfortunately, you only need a good sales dept. relationship once every 4-6 years or so but you have to live with the service dept. for at least as long as you are under warranty and possibly beyond.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
They are moving the Audi dealership into a huge, new Prime Motor Group facility right across Route 1 adjacent to their sister brands, Mercedes, Porsche and Acura.
Hey snagitseven, yea I stopped into Audi in Westwood today, and I saw the new dealership across the street, it looks great, I guess they are officially moving over there this Friday. I'm going to speak with Aaron, and schedule some service. Thanks so much for the referral.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Good to hear. You might want to wait at least a couple of weeks for them to get settled in to the new location. It will take at least that long for them to get everything working properly.