S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 vs S7 video

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 vs S7 video

Just noticed a new video about the 2016 s6 came out, and watching it only made the wait more unbearable.... Here is the link:

http://youtu.be/LHbJz64RUL0

This one compares the s6 to the s7, which i was still debating which one to get. I'm happy the s6 seemed to be the more fun to drive version of the two, as mine is being built and should be delivered within the next month. Ordering an s7 now wouldve added another 3-4 months before i could drive my c7...
Old 06-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not bad.... My S6 has the Arras Red and Black Optics like the S7 in the video.

The dude said the S7 was more menacing with the blacked out trim and LED headlamps etc..... He did not mention the S6 is available exactly the same way. So, that comparison point is just an option thing. Not a fundamental thing, although the S7 is standard with LED headlamps. Black optic is optional on both.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah, the guy didn't appear to have in-depth knowledge of the options available on both. Even the price difference between the S6 and the S7 mentioned at the beginning made no sense, as the S7 appears to have a lot more options.

Still, it was fun to see him smile when he accelerates.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, about that, acceleration is nice, but it needs about 100hp more!!!

Not interested in TD1s and tunes though

Originally Posted by quattro_eric
Yeah, the guy didn't appear to have in-depth knowledge of the options available on both. Even the price difference between the S6 and the S7 mentioned at the beginning made no sense, as the S7 appears to have a lot more options.

Still, it was fun to see him smile when he accelerates.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the S7 he reviewed seemed to be Prestige edition with Black optic while the S6 was premium plus only. And the S7 had the audi edition interior upgrade. Thus larger price difference.

Interesting to see though he found the S6 more fun to drive (where they really should drive exactly the same).

Last edited by cbl1; 06-08-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Ok, that guy is an idiot. The S7 is not a "hatchback". I was on that trip too, drove those cars too. They are not apples/apples in terms of trim.

Having said that, the S7 was hands down more fun to drive, the only thing we owe it to is the wider track.. and we weren't the only ones who felt that difference.

And the reason the S6 might feel more "raw" is because the narrower track makes it feel just a bit less stable. OR, he drove it first, and got used to it, so the S7's extra stability made it less "impressive".
Old 06-09-2015, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dogears
Yeah, about that, acceleration is nice, but it needs about 100hp more!!!

Not interested in TD1s and tunes though
That would be why there is an RS7 !
Old 06-12-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The S7 is indeed wider, not only in track but also from the body curves in back. (I measured almost a a 3 inch difference at widest point) I wanted it, but it was a really tight squeeze in my garage. My S6 eliminates the sweaty palms, in and out. S6 is indeed taller, shorter and narrower, suggesting inferior handling. But also lighter, I think the difference is 110 pounds. That of course leads to better handling, all things being equal (which of course they are not). In driving them (2015's; I got the first 2016 in Georgia), I noticed differences, but they were smaller than the differences in visibility and ease of getting in and out, where the S6 wins. Both great cars, both need a diet. It will come in 2017, expect to see the cars lighter by over 200 pounds.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Ok, that guy is an idiot. The S7 is not a "hatchback". I was on that trip too, drove those cars too. They are not apples/apples in terms of trim.

Having said that, the S7 was hands down more fun to drive, the only thing we owe it to is the wider track.. and we weren't the only ones who felt that difference.

And the reason the S6 might feel more "raw" is because the narrower track makes it feel just a bit less stable. OR, he drove it first, and got used to it, so the S7's extra stability made it less "impressive".
The S7 is a hatchback by definition of the term. So calling him an idiot based on him using a standard automotive term for a vehicle with sloping rear end having a single door that is lifted to open, is a little extreme.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:16 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by j_schy
The S7 is a hatchback by definition of the term. So calling him an idiot based on him using a standard automotive term for a vehicle with sloping rear end having a single door that is lifted to open, is a little extreme.
Yes, by the literal definition, it's a hatchback. So then is any SUV with an up opening liftgate, such as the Q7.

To most, a "hatchback" is a small econocar with a liftgage instead of a trunk.

Quick Reply: S6 vs S7 video