S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Is the S6 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pierreb
Only well-performing dealers get the special cars via allocation. If your dealer isn't able to sell S-cars, they're doing something wrong, and more than likely that's the reason they don't have any to sell...
Larson has several S4's and from what I am told have a few S7's coming in, just no S6's. They do have a used S6 that I plan on checking out this Saturday during my appointment there, hopefully it will still be there.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ben_aip
pepsiguy - what about finding a dealer - maybe a used car lot or an Audi dealer - to see if anyone has a used 2013 - 2015 S6/S7?
Auto Quest and Larson Porsche each has a S7 on their lot, if you're in the Seattle areas.
Audi Bellevue may have a white 2016 S6 in stock!
Otherwise, come further up north across the border to Vancouver, BC. I'm sure dealers here have them. Heck, at CAD$1.34 to USD$1, it's a real bargain to buy in Canada and drive across if that's what free-trade between the countries is all about. Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

Good luck buddy!

I plan on finding something this weekend, thanks for your suggestions. I definitely want to test drive before I buy
Old 07-30-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had my 2016 S6 for a week now, and before that I was driving a 2013 S6 loan car (done 15,000km). There is no comparison between these two cars, except the specs read basically the same.

Perhaps the loan S6 had a problem in the suspension, but the 2016 S6 handles so much better, and the throttle response is amazing, virtually no lag at all. I drove the loan S6 in manual most of the time, because it seemed to reduce the lag.

I couldn't be happier. My previous drive was a 2007 A6 s-line 4.2L that I had from new, and I had a hard job finding something to replace it with, over the last couple of years, until the 2016 S6 came along. Even the 2015 RS6/RS7 didn't drive this well, and I tried two RS6's. Not the handling, so much, but the engine/drive-train.

I also tried the M5 and that was like a tank by comparison, with hard suspension, poor LED headlights and it was no fun in the wet.

FYI, my S6 has sports air suspension, sports diff and 20" 255/35 R20 PZero tires, at 44 psi.

Also for those wondering about Tornado Grey, I really like it. It changes from a flat looking grey in low light, to a gun metal silver in full light. Very nice...
Old 07-31-2015, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MadAboutCars
I've had my 2016 S6 for a week now, and before that I was driving a 2013 S6 loan car (done 15,000km). There is no comparison between these two cars, except the specs read basically the same.

Perhaps the loan S6 had a problem in the suspension, but the 2016 S6 handles so much better, and the throttle response is amazing, virtually no lag at all. I drove the loan S6 in manual most of the time, because it seemed to reduce the lag.

I couldn't be happier. My previous drive was a 2007 A6 s-line 4.2L that I had from new, and I had a hard job finding something to replace it with, over the last couple of years, until the 2016 S6 came along. Even the 2015 RS6/RS7 didn't drive this well, and I tried two RS6's. Not the handling, so much, but the engine/drive-train.

I also tried the M5 and that was like a tank by comparison, with hard suspension, poor LED headlights and it was no fun in the wet.

FYI, my S6 has sports air suspension, sports diff and 20" 255/35 R20 PZero tires, at 44 psi.

Also for those wondering about Tornado Grey, I really like it. It changes from a flat looking grey in low light, to a gun metal silver in full light. Very nice...
I'm debating getting a S6 also. I have a '13 A6 Prestige. I'm looking at a used ('13 and newer). Are you saying that there are no drastic changes between a '16 S6 and say, a '13 besides the 30+HP gain? I just started researching the S6 so forgive me if I ask dumb questions.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I'm debating getting a S6 also. I have a '13 A6 Prestige. I'm looking at a used ('13 and newer). Are you saying that there are no drastic changes between a '16 S6 and say, a '13 besides the 30+HP gain? I just started researching the S6 so forgive me if I ask dumb questions.
The 2016 S6 is a big improvement over the previous model. I'm not saying the previous model was a bad car, I still had a lot of fun in it, but Audi have read their mail and made the 2016 model even better.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Ok, I know this will seem like a wild card pick, but for me I thought a lot about the S6 (drove it twice) and ended up with an A8 - short wheelbase. I decided that for my commuting patterns that comfort, better interior and a bigger car where more important to me and at lower cost. I got a CPO with 2500 miles for $71,500. You can't touch the S6 for less than near $80k optioned out. In the end I thought that with the S6 I would be paying for a drivetrain that I would rarely have an opportunity to exploit. Still love the S6 though and I actually think it's a little better looking than my A8 but no regrets when I get behind the wheel.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I called every dealer in my area yesterday and not even one of them has a S6 on their lot, not new, not used. I really want to drive the car before I put my order in, I know I will love it, but I still need to drive it at least once. I have decided on what I want in my build, I just sold my S4 last Wednesday and I am ready to go! Right now we are a one vehicle household and my company vehicle, so we need to make a move soon, since I was told the S6 build can take up to 6 months.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
I called every dealer in my area yesterday and not even one of them has a S6 on their lot, not new, not used. I really want to drive the car before I put my order in, I know I will love it, but I still need to drive it at least once. I have decided on what I want in my build, I just sold my S4 last Wednesday and I am ready to go! Right now we are a one vehicle household and my company vehicle, so we need to make a move soon, since I was told the S6 build can take up to 6 months.
Where do you live? We just sold our second S6 that we had. No more in the pipeline and we are the largest dealership in the nation. Took in a 14 S6 as a trade though. You can drive that if you are near NJ.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
we are the largest dealership in the nation.
Not sure that is an accurate statement. Not even a Magna Society Awarded dealership. You may do very well but I don't believe you are the largest.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by 19hole
Not sure that is an accurate statement. Not even a Magna Society Awarded dealership. You may do very well but I don't believe you are the largest.
We just opened in March. Nothing to do with awards.

Biggest Audi dealer in U.S. opens in Freehold Township

Quick Reply: Is the S6 worth it?