S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Thinking about a C7 S6

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by my2011S4
I guess I worry about taking someone's word that the car is in great condition. Similar to the "lightly used" comment. It means different things to different people. I have found that peoples opinions on condition of items is very subjective. Did you ask lots of questions about the cars condition, or did you just view the pictures on-line? What if you get it and find scratches, curb rash, or bad paint work?
I bought mine brand new, so I'm afraid I can't be of a lot of help. My suggestion to you is that you go through an Audi dealership and purchase CPO. There are deals to be had... You just have to research and stay on top of the market. The dealership I purchased mine from sent me lots of detailed pics, etc... Although again, being brand new, it was perfect and I knew it would arrive as promised.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlueSVT
I managed to pick up my S6 last week with only 4100 miles on the clock... That's light use to me! So stoked. Amazing car.
Yes, I would consider that lightly used! Wow, was it a demo?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lightly used vs low mileage

Lightly used would be none or few launches on the launch control counter. 4100 mi is near new, but not if it's had a hundred launches. It can be checked, but why bother if you love the car? After 18 months I recognize that the car has a few inherent issues but these are minor compared to the features, ride and power, Fantastic road car with amazing street handling. Good luck.

I managed to pick up my S6 last week with only 4100 miles on the clock... That's light use to me! So stoked. Amazing car.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DD1546
Lightly used would be none or few launches on the launch control counter. 4100 mi is near new, but not if it's had a hundred launches. It can be checked, but why bother if you love the car? After 18 months I recognize that the car has a few inherent issues but these are minor compared to the features, ride and power, Fantastic road car with amazing street handling. Good luck.
The previous owner was an older gentlemen, friend of the dealership manager. Didn't say why he sold, but it literally doesn't have a single scratch on the car, inside or out! Clear bra installed, tires still in excellent condition, from all merits you wouldn't be able to tell apart from a brand new car based on its present condition.

I have one drivers door rattle that's noticable over choppy road when in Dynamic... Im going to ask them to check the launch counter when I have it looked at, just so I know the number!

It "may" or "may not" have 2 launches on it from me already... Allegedly... So I heard. Haha
Old 01-21-2015, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like a deal that I should have looked for. Just curious, How much under MRSP (%) did you pay? I'm an "older gentleman" (68) but my S6 might have a launch or two :-)
Old 01-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by birdyA6
I bought mine brand new, so I'm afraid I can't be of a lot of help. My suggestion to you is that you go through an Audi dealership and purchase CPO. There are deals to be had... You just have to research and stay on top of the market. The dealership I purchased mine from sent me lots of detailed pics, etc... Although again, being brand new, it was perfect and I knew it would arrive as promised.
If I was buying new I would do that as well. I'm more concerned since it would be a used car purchase.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DD1546
Sounds like a deal that I should have looked for. Just curious, How much under MRSP (%) did you pay? I'm an "older gentleman" (68) but my S6 might have a launch or two :-)
MSRP was $86K

Car is a 2014 with 4100 miles (4 months old), I paid a touch over $70K for it. Has black optic, bang and Olufsen, cold weather package, sun shades, etc.

Somebody else there was test driving it as I made the deal! They came a few hours away to see it... They were not happy! Haha
Old 01-22-2015, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Good deal.

You saved about $11K over a typical Audi club deal on the new car. I would do that for a car only 4 mos old! Get the service package as its less than half the price of the individual services over 50K mi. I drove in an bought the car for cash after 30 min of looking (impulse buyer - I had driven a friend's and it was my B-day!) and didn't think about service - my first Audi. I asked for printouts of all the recommended services after my 5K complementary service and was astonished - so I bough Audi care.

MSRP was $86K

Car is a 2014 with 4100 miles (4 months old), I paid a touch over $70K for it. Has black optic, bang and Olufsen, cold weather package, sun shades, etc.

Somebody else there was test driving it as I made the deal! They came a few hours away to see it... They were not happy! Haha
Old 01-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

MSRP was $86K

I would say that is a good deal.
86,000 * .80 = $68,800 If you figure a 20% (typical) loss on the first year...

Congratulations!