S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Thinking of getting an 2017 S6

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Just Do It

I can all but guarantee you will absolutely love the car. I have had, as many have here, quite a few cars from different manufacturers, of different types and styles. The S6 is by far my favorite so far.

It, of course, won't be as raw as your Vette, but it sounds like that would be a good thing. The power is unbelievable, especially with a tune, and it is the perfect combination of muscle, luxury, and beauty.

I would definitely get the sport exhaust (still much more mellow than your Vette of course) and the drivers assistance (parking cameras are awesome and I use them every day).

I only have 6k miles but I have not had any bent rim issues.

Good luck in your choice!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A6er
I can all but guarantee you will absolutely love the car. I have had, as many have here, quite a few cars from different manufacturers, of different types and styles. The S6 is by far my favorite so far.

It, of course, won't be as raw as your Vette, but it sounds like that would be a good thing. The power is unbelievable, especially with a tune, and it is the perfect combination of muscle, luxury, and beauty.

I would definitely get the sport exhaust (still much more mellow than your Vette of course) and the drivers assistance (parking cameras are awesome and I use them every day).

I only have 6k miles but I have not had any bent rim issues.

Good luck in your choice!!!

Thanks! I think you all have talked me into it. Shocking. LOL I'm working on possible deals at the moment. I might have to order to get all the options I would like.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I LOVE my 2016 S6! With APR Stage 1 ECU/TCU it's very quick! That said... a Z06 C7 absolutely smoked me as we entered the express way... I was right behind him and we both punched it when the lane opened up. The gap between us grew noticeably as he pulled away... the precision and build quality of the S6 is top notch, but you might be disappointed... maybe you should go RS7? ;-)
Old 10-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by btrosen23
I LOVE my 2016 S6! With APR Stage 1 ECU/TCU it's very quick! That said... a Z06 C7 absolutely smoked me as we entered the express way... I was right behind him and we both punched it when the lane opened up. The gap between us grew noticeably as he pulled away... the precision and build quality of the S6 is top notch, but you might be disappointed... maybe you should go RS7? ;-)
Point taken. From a roll on a dry road, there is no way an S6 keeps up with a C7 ZO6. But I don't think I'll be too disappointed. Most of the roads I drive on are very imperfect and I hate to say it but the ZO6 is just annoying to drive on those roads. Whereas my Golf GTI is AWESOME. I do love the RS7 in many ways but I'm not the biggest fan of the body style.