S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Window tints

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaning towards going for the 3M Crystalline...it's definitely pricier, but I'm in Texas and the summers can be brutal. I figure it'll help the interior hold up better over the long haul.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have 3M Crystalline on my A8 and it is light years ahead of any tint I have used in the past. If you want a blacked out look, or are trying to give your car some customized look, then don't waste your money. If you want the best possible performance for brutal southern summers, it can't be beat.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kobanna
I have 3M Crystalline on my A8 and it is light years ahead of any tint I have used in the past. If you want a blacked out look, or are trying to give your car some customized look, then don't waste your money. If you want the best possible performance for brutal southern summers, it can't be beat.
What % did you use? Do you have photos?
Old 04-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
What % did you use? Do you have photos?
I will be back in town Thurs. I will post a pic then and double chek the %. When I was shopping for tint, I had a hard time finding an image of crystalline. Most pics were other tints posted in threads that mentioned 3M crystalline, so I will try to get a good representative image when I get back.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I will be back in town Thurs. I will post a pic then and double chek the %. When I was shopping for tint, I had a hard time finding an image of crystalline. Most pics were other tints posted in threads that mentioned 3M crystalline, so I will try to get a good representative image when I get back.
Excellent, thanks.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've decided to go with Suntek CXP 45 tint and a Suntek PPF full front treatment once my car arrives. The place that will be doing it also has a nearby detail shop where I'm going to have either Opticoat Pro or CQuartz Finest to protect the rest of the car. The best part is that the dealer has offered to take it to these places (which are a few towns over) and bring it back when the work is done before I officially take delivery.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Parkles
Anyone else getting their new S6 windows tinted? If so, who are you going with?
Huper Optik - a German ceramic tint with incredible heat reflectivity. A+++
Z
Old 04-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Z
I was looking into all of the tints. Huper appears to the clear leader on heat blocking. But, they have a crazy limited distribution network.

I will be doing 3M crystalline.

This site was a great resource. You can see brand and product lines. If you use the internal links it also gives you specifications.

Window Tint Brands | Tint Industry
Old 04-09-2015, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Z
I put Huper Optik on a BMW 325i a number of years ago.

The film is too thick, and it does not heat shrink very well. There is a lot of ghosting. It's been years, but the film still looks like it is wet underneath.

I don't recommend it, unless they have substantially improved their product.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It has been raining pretty much non-stop since I got back in town It actually started as I was on my way to pick up my car from the detailer last friday and hasn't stopped yet. As soon as the sun comes out, for more than between passing rain clouds, I will get a few pics.

Quick Reply: Window tints