S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Would you buy another one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the_duke
Don't forget the A8 D4 4.0t. Only a little heavier than an S6 but with better interior. And prices are about the same between 2013 model year cars.
Actually, I hadn't thought of that. You're right!
Old 11-28-2016, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I considered an S6 when I decided to replace my '05 A8. Kids are grown and gone now so we really don't need the huge backseat. But after comparing interiors I knew I would never be happy with the S6. Not that the S6 interior is terrible. Quit the opposite. It's very good. Just not A8 good.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritz
...I'm reasonably comfortable working on my own car. I've had a few modified B5/B6 A4's and upgraded my old C5 A6 with AWE's RSK04 kit. Looking for something reasonably fast with AWD and a usable back seat....I'd be curious to hear from folks about how good/bad these are with maintenance. It's been a while since I logged in here. I've been doing the pony car thing for a few years.

Best,
A funny thing happened while you were away (in the past decade or so): Audis don't break much anymore, so maintenance issues are mostly a thing of the past...

The other funny thing is that most Audis are now among the fastest in their respective classes, WITHOUT aftermarket tuning...

Go drive one and see what you think - it's a great car - a rocket-propelled executive lounge...!
Old 12-05-2016, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm on Audi #7 and I don't think I'll ever own anything else car wise but an Audi with the exception to Porsche or Ferrari which are only weekenders or car show cars.

I am alive because the A7 I had saved my life in an accident.

My DD is an S6 and I have a TDI and will buy another once they start selling them again.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
I'm on Audi #7 and I don't think I'll ever own anything else car wise but an Audi with the exception to Porsche or Ferrari which are only weekenders or car show cars.

I am alive because the A7 I had saved my life in an accident.

My DD is an S6 and I have a TDI and will buy another once they start selling them again.

Just curious, what happen?(the accident)
Old 12-11-2016, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
A funny thing happened while you were away (in the past decade or so): Audis don't break much anymore, so maintenance issues are mostly a thing of the past...

The other funny thing is that most Audis are now among the fastest in their respective classes, WITHOUT aftermarket tuning...

Go drive one and see what you think - it's a great car - a rocket-propelled executive lounge...!
Yep, I agree with your assessment after doing a bit of research. I'm in active hunt mode now and looking for a car that's relatively nearby and has all the goodies I want. Though I have shifted my search from an S6 to a 4.0T A8L instead.

Best,
Old 12-12-2016, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

...Though I have shifted my search from an S6 to a 4.0T A8L instead.

Best,
Cool.

2 things to be aware of with regards to the A8:

- Trunk is smaller than the S6
- A8's rear seat doesn't fold down. This one is a deal-breaker for me...
Old 12-12-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Cool.

2 things to be aware of with regards to the A8:

- Trunk is smaller than the S6
- A8's rear seat doesn't fold down. This one is a deal-breaker for me...
I didn't know about the seats not folding, but that's not a deal breaker for me. A nuisance, but not a deal breaker. Sigh...wonder why.

Best,
Old 12-12-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I didn't know about the seats not folding, but that's not a deal breaker for me. A nuisance, but not a deal breaker. Sigh...wonder why...
An Audi rep told me that it's because they mounted a bunch of the car's computers in a sort of vertical-flat-pack up against the rear bulkhead, in what he called a packaging blunder of the first order. It both limits the trunk space AND makes a folding seat impossible.

It's a deal-breaker for me because of golf clubs, skis and the occasional toting of a big flat screen TV or something similar. Just the other day, I brought a 55" LCD TV home in the S6, meaning that I DIDN'T have to go home to grab the wife's Q5...
Old 12-12-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

An Audi rep told me that it's because they mounted a bunch of the car's computers in a sort of vertical-flat-pack up against the rear bulkhead, in what he called a packaging blunder of the first order. It both limits the trunk space AND makes a folding seat impossible.

It's a deal-breaker for me because of golf clubs, skis and the occasional toting of a big flat screen TV or something similar. Just the other day, I brought a 55" LCD TV home in the S6, meaning that I DIDN'T have to go home to grab the wife's Q5...
Wow. I just use my wife's SUV when I need to tote things like that (which I just did with a 65" TV when they were on sale near Thanksgiving...heh). I used to put really big stuff in the C5 A6 as well when the seats were down.

I'll be replacing my 2015 Mustang GT so I'm assuming that the trunk is STILL bigger than what I have now.

Best,