S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2016 S7 arrives in June!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Italy - repatriate to FL - eventually North Carolina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all! Still in Orlando running around trying to sell our house. Heading back to NC on Sunday, THEN TO Long Island next week.
I have been having the time of my life driving on highways and local roads. To my surprise I averaged almost 25.5 mpg on the way down which included a fair stretch of bumper to bumper in SC. Love the adaptive cruise control although if someone changes lanes in front of you too close to you the car will react seriously. You still have to be alert and set the distance reasonably. Night vision assist is a blast especially in the evening in our development when the deer are feeding at the road edge, it's cool! I had to set a speed warning on the car because I found I was doing 120 in the passing lane without a care.
It is fantastic!
Oh and I got a new phone since I got to the states. Love Apple products but when I found out the they were hampering full function for the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) I switched to Android. Still getting used to it but now I get full SMS Operation with the MMI, that includes receive as well as create new and send from the car. iPhone won't allow create or send from the car.
Can't wait to drive back to NC!
Cheers All!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by palmerg
Thanks all! Still in Orlando running around trying to sell our house. Heading back to NC on Sunday, THEN TO Long Island next week.
I have been having the time of my life driving on highways and local roads. To my surprise I averaged almost 25.5 mpg on the way down which included a fair stretch of bumper to bumper in SC. Love the adaptive cruise control although if someone changes lanes in front of you too close to you the car will react seriously. You still have to be alert and set the distance reasonably. Night vision assist is a blast especially in the evening in our development when the deer are feeding at the road edge, it's cool! I had to set a speed warning on the car because I found I was doing 120 in the passing lane without a care.
It is fantastic!
Oh and I got a new phone since I got to the states. Love Apple products but when I found out the they were hampering full function for the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) I switched to Android. Still getting used to it but now I get full SMS Operation with the MMI, that includes receive as well as create new and send from the car. iPhone won't allow create or send from the car.
Can't wait to drive back to NC!
Cheers All!
Glad you're enjoying it.

The Night Vision is also great for seeing cops on the highway. In my area the Stateies love to sit on the side of the road, engine running, with all lights off. They show up as a bright white spot from a LONG way back on the night vision.

EDIT: With a 2016 you've got Siri Hands Free on an iPhone, you don't really need the SMS integration in the car. Just hold the button and say "Read My Messages".
Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Italy - repatriate to FL - eventually North Carolina

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Glad you're enjoying it.

The Night Vision is also great for seeing cops on the highway. In my area the Stateies love to sit on the side of the road, engine running, with all lights off. They show up as a bright white spot from a LONG way back on the night vision.

EDIT: With a 2016 you've got Siri Hands Free on an iPhone, you don't really need the SMS integration in the car. Just hold the button and say "Read My Messages".
Cool idea about using night vision for LE I will try that on my 4 state traverse Monday, thanks.
I knew that reading SMS was no problem for IOS or Android. Creating a new message or replying to a text is only available using Android. Now when Audi offers cars with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support all SMS functionality will be available but there is nothing that leads me to believe that the 2016 I am driving will be upgradable to the audi virtual cockpit. So, for me, Android is the solution if I want to reply or creat SMS in the car. Cheers!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by palmerg
Cool idea about using night vision for LE I will try that on my 4 state traverse Monday, thanks.
I knew that reading SMS was no problem for IOS or Android. Creating a new message or replying to a text is only available using Android. Now when Audi offers cars with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support all SMS functionality will be available but there is nothing that leads me to believe that the 2016 I am driving will be upgradable to the audi virtual cockpit. So, for me, Android is the solution if I want to reply or creat SMS in the car. Cheers!
Are you talking about on the screen? I had that working on my 6+, briefly, for one inbound message, but it hasn't worked since.

It doesn't really bother me since I use Siri for pretty much everything while driving, reading messages, replying, and sending new ones. Using the screen would be distracting for me.

Edit: I think CarPlay and Android Auto will be available with a later MMI update. The 2016 has a few flags for enabling them in the 5F module which don't currently work, likely because the rest of the code is missing or incomplete.