S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Any deliveries on 2016 S6, S7 or RS7 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcgruber
For anyone that is interested (or as impatient as I am and searches these forums for some good news on S7 delivery times) I received an email from Audi stating my car has arrived in the United States. I ordered my car middle of January. They told me the car was done being built March 3rd. Not sure what happened after that but the car was delayed in Emded for weeks. I received an update first week in April that the ETA for US Port was April 25th. So if the email notification is accurate, the car should arrive at dealer within 10 days...but I'm not counting on it. My dealer was kind enough to loan me an A6 since my BMW lease expired over a week ago. Anyways, this has been a frustrating experience that should all be forgotten in less than 10 days.
I got that email 2 weeks ago - still waiting for delivery I placed my order in November btw lol
Old 04-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for killing the dream. The way this process has unfolded, I'm not expecting my car to ever make it to the dealer. In fact, I've started searching for alternative options because if I don't physically see this damn S7 within 2 weeks, I'm jumping ship and buying a used Panamera off of some local lot.
I'm sure no one has been able to tell you why your car has been delayed. So frustrating.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mcgruber
Thanks for killing the dream. The way this process has unfolded, I'm not expecting my car to ever make it to the dealer. In fact, I've started searching for alternative options because if I don't physically see this damn S7 within 2 weeks, I'm jumping ship and buying a used Panamera off of some local lot.
I'm sure no one has been able to tell you why your car has been delayed. So frustrating.
I actually just looked at a used Panamera lol. I'm trading in a Porsche so I'd probably get a better deal doing the entire deal with the same Porsche dealership Let's see what the rest of the week brings - I might hit 6 months since placing the order before it arrives.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer said the car is on a carrier and could come as early as Thursday. I guess they haven't learned yet how to under promise and over deliver.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My father ordered an S7 in early February, and he still hasn't received an email update about production, VIN... nothing. The worst part about this is that he's trading in his current A7 and it's approaching 50k miles. If he keeps waiting like this, trade-in/sale value goes down.

He called the dealership a few times, and they finally forwarded this to him a couple of weeks ago:

"Hello,

There are production delays with all S6 and S7 orders. The below message was posted on the AIM homepage:

We are currently experiencing production delays with all S6 & S7 orders. Please be mindful of these extended ETAs and plan appropriately when working with customers. Also, any S6 orders that are converted to other A6 Sedan models will more than likely pull forward into earlier production weeks.”

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Stephanie Detloff
Distribution Advocate

Audi of America, Inc."

Well, that doesn't really tell him anything he didn't already know. Has anyone else not even received email updates?

He was able to find out that it was "released to manuf." on 03/13/15.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zeronezero1
My father ordered an S7 in early February, and he still hasn't received an email update about production, VIN... nothing. The worst part about this is that he's trading in his current A7 and it's approaching 50k miles. If he keeps waiting like this, trade-in/sale value goes down.
Exactly what I've been worried about and this is the reason I "locked in" the trade-in value before placing the order. However, the GM that helped me do that has left the company and my deal was 1-2mo late, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but it looks like they'll honor it. If it helps, my car went into production the first few days of March and I'm hopefully taking delivery tomorrow. I've had delays every step of the way.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by amelen
Exactly what I've been worried about and this is the reason I "locked in" the trade-in value before placing the order. However, the GM that helped me do that has left the company and my deal was 1-2mo late, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but it looks like they'll honor it. If it helps, my car went into production the first few days of March and I'm hopefully taking delivery tomorrow. I've had delays every step of the way.
They basically agreed on a price range depending on amount of miles accumulated up until the S7 arrives. The problem, now, is the production delays. He's stressed about the miles, and what if an accident occurs? He is very close to just walking away and buying a different car.

From everything I've read, it looks like it'll be several months before delivery.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

They basically agreed on a price range depending on amount of miles accumulated up until the S7 arrives. The problem, now, is the production delays. He's stressed about the miles, and what if an accident occurs? He is very close to just walking away and buying a different car.

From everything I've read, it looks like it'll be several months before delivery.
Tell me about it, even being "locked in", I've been stressed the last month with the trade-in and other aspects of the deal. If he's entered production, he should get the car in about 1.5mo, might be closer to 2. I don't see it happening any sooner unfortunately.

Also, Audi "owner in waiting" email updates only happen if your dealership signs you up for them.

Last edited by amelen; 04-28-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by amelen
Tell me about it, even being "locked in", I've been stressed the last month with the trade-in and other aspects of the deal. If he's entered production, he should get the car in about 1.5mo, might be closer to 2. I don't see it happening any sooner unfortunately.

Also, Audi "owner in waiting" email updates only happen if your dealership signs you up for them.
I doubt it's in production. He was supposed to receive email updates, like he did with his A7. Other than the dealer letting him trade his car in now and providing a loaner to drive in the meantime, I don't see him hanging around for 3+ months.

I see that you've been waiting since... November!? Wow. I hope you get your car soon... amazed that you've held on this long.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I doubt it's in production. He was supposed to receive email updates, like he did with his A7. Other than the dealer letting him trade his car in now and providing a loaner to drive in the meantime, I don't see him hanging around for 3+ months.

I see that you've been waiting since... November!? Wow. I hope you get your car soon... amazed that you've held on this long.
Yup - since November. Delivery scheduled (rescheduled for the third time) tomorrow. Push on the dealer to sign him up for the updates - I had to remind mine a few times even though I got them automatically with my 2012 A7 as well.

Quick Reply: Any deliveries on 2016 S6, S7 or RS7 ?????