S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

The Ghost in the Machine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Italy - repatriate to FL - eventually North Carolina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tek23
Glad you made it. Did you use the active lane assist feature? I can't feel the vibration even though it is checked on in the MMI. I can feel the car steering back into the lane when I drift, but the steering wheel doesn't feel like it is vibrating. Do I really need to go over the line to get the wheel to vibrate?
I did and also,like you, thought it should vibrate earlier. It does show in the HUD and the graphic representing the lane boundary does start to blink before the vibration gets noticeable. It has value but it's not as immediate as the cruise control IMO.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:56 AM
mog
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by palmerg
Thanks to all who posted sympathy and personal experiences. If it happens again I will pull out the list I generated from this thread and make sure they try them all.

Heading out to Long Island tomorrow morning at 0500. It's over 11 hours and I want to mKe sure I try to miss the rush hour (more like 3 hours starting at 1600) - maybe 0400 would be a safer bet, we'll see.

Wish me luck! I'm feeling good about the drive and when it's running (which I am hoping is always from now on) it's a dream. I was getting 28 mpg when the misfire happened last Monday. Let's see if I can replicate that on this drive.

Ciao!
glad to hear your 2nd road trip was less eventful than the first...out of curiosity, how did you manage to get 28mpg? do you keep the car in comfort mode? currently i have mine in dynamic mode with sport shifting off, but...on my 2 hour road trip to pennsylvania, i was getting about 24.5, tops. on the way home, i got 23 and change -- no traffic in either direction.

trying to figure out if it's the sport exhaust and/or the dynamic settings that are more responsible for my miserable gas mileage...

related Q -- why, at highway cruising speeds, would the DRC or sport exhaust setting matter in terms of mileage? at city speeds with acceleration i totally get it, but i'm trying to figure out what the heck i'm doing that's costing me 2-3mpg...
Old 07-14-2015, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Italy - repatriate to FL - eventually North Carolina

I only know what the Fuel Consumption bar was reading and It built to 27 plus, reaching 28 after 7 hours of driving. I must say I was in auto mode and used adaptive cruise set to the speed limit most of the way on open roads.i made a point of not throttling much and only passing if really necessary. I believe this caused the engine to be in 4 cyl mode for long distances which must have improved overall mileage significantly. Since I got to Long Island I have currently been averaging 17.6 around town.
There is a fuel station near here that claims to have 100 octane gas. I mean to try a tankful soon.