S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S7 Recommendations

Was hoping to get some feedback on a couple of items as I am looking at purchasing a 2015 or 2016 S7.

1) Are the comfort seats the way to go?
2) Driver assist package: I have not seen many reviews on this other than it is an additional option. I have heard some good and bad about the driver assist package. Is this a good option?
3) On the 2016 S7 I understand that you need to purchase the Sport package to get the sport rear differential. Was this not standard on the 2015?
4) What is a good purchase price for the S7. Appears that 6% off MSRP + Audi care would be a great deal? Is this both for 2015 and 2016 models.

Any help would be great as dealers provide feedback based on what they have in stock.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by erock64
Was hoping to get some feedback on a couple of items as I am looking at purchasing a 2015 or 2016 S7.

1) Are the comfort seats the way to go?
2) Driver assist package: I have not seen many reviews on this other than it is an additional option. I have heard some good and bad about the driver assist package. Is this a good option?
3) On the 2016 S7 I understand that you need to purchase the Sport package to get the sport rear differential. Was this not standard on the 2015?
4) What is a good purchase price for the S7. Appears that 6% off MSRP + Audi care would be a great deal? Is this both for 2015 and 2016 models.

Any help would be great as dealers provide feedback based on what they have in stock.

Thanks
1. After trying both I ordered the sport seats because of the look and feel. The downside is that ventilated seats are not available with the sport. Try each if you can.
2. I went back and forth on this one but ended up ordering. Figured I might as well get the latest technology after spending this much. You can always turn it off.
3. Correct. Hoping the price is not too bad. Expect about $3k for the Sport Pkg.
4. Getting 6% for Audi Club NA membership (a no brainer) and $1.5K for Audi loyalty. Think this is a good deal.

I'd wait for the 2016 if you can and get exactly what you want rather than settle for what's left in 2015s. The re-availability of Daytona Gray was also an added bonus for me because I would have been settling for Oolong Gray in a 2015.

Hope this helps with your decision.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks
Old 12-25-2014, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm about to order (also Daytona, which I previously had on two RS4's and was amazing) but not an Audi Club member yet...if I join with lifetime membership now is there any way they would still apply the discount? 6% seems pretty good especially coupled with loyalty...
Old 12-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same question on the lifetime membership..hoping to have an answer on this shortly
Old 12-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I joined ACNA over six months ago, so the lifetime member question doesn't directly apply to me. However, during my discussions with my dealer SA we talked about the same issue and he made a note to bring this up with other potential customers. He appeared to be aware of the lifetime member loophole on the discount and said he might use that to possibly close a sale if someone was on the fence for a purchase.

I think if you search the forums you will find someone that did the lifetime member discount. You might also email ACNA to get additional info. It's definitely worth the effort to save $5-6K on an S7.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have the same question on the lifetime membership..hoping to have an answer on this shortly
Lifetime ACNA membership makes you eligible for the 6% discount immediately. Be aware though that the paperwork says MY2014-2015 on it, and it expires January 2, so some dealers may give you some hassle on it. There should be a new form shortly.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! Has anyone been getting a significantly better deal than this discount?
Old 12-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks. Very good to know that the forms are not updated yet and yes well worth the effort to save $5K.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanks. Very good to know that the forms are not updated yet and yes well worth the effort to save $5K.
Well, you're not saving $5K. You're saving $1-2K at most and you're spending $750 to do it (once, if you're an Audi family this is a steal, one-time buyer then less so).

What the discount gets you is a reasonably hassle-free experience and an opportunity to get something extra from the deal. I pushed my sales guy up to 5% on my S6, then dropped the Supplier discount into the mix and told him he could now afford to toss in AudiCare. It took him 60 seconds to agree to that since he had already offered the 5% and this cost them less and saves me money. That's the definition on Win-Win.

Quick Reply: S7 Recommendations