Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Q5 reliability - better info - please sign up

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q5 reliability - better info - please sign up

TrueDelta reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to provide initial result for new models like the Q5 much more quickly than other sources. This also permits us to track cars closely as they age.

Thanks to JET's support, for which we're very grateful, we've been reporting on the A3, A4, A6, and Q7 for some time now. We'd like to do the same for the Q5, but need more participants. Update: getting close.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

NOTE: My response to the following post is at the top of the next page.

Last edited by mkaresh; 08-11-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkaresh
A few Q5 owners have already signed up. If a few more do I'll go ahead and include it in the survey.
No offense but I checked out your site and it kinda sucks. Sorry but there are much better car reliability sites out there.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
No offense but I checked out your site and it kinda sucks. Sorry but there are much better car reliability sites out there.
LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

HAHAHA.... Can you list a couple?

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, J.D. Power and Consumer Reports come to mind.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, J.D. Power and Consumer Reports come to mind.
I'm convinced Consumer Reports is biased, they only like honda and toyota
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackPrestige
I'm convinced Consumer Reports is biased, they only like honda and toyota
They "like" them and give them high ratings because those cars have good reliability. I have owned Toyota, Honda, and German cars. The latter was, by far, more fun to drive but the former two were, by far, more reliable. It is not as if Consumer Report is the only ratings agency to document this disparity.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think they give them the highest reliability ratings because they deserve them. Unfortunately, I have had way too many problems with my lovely German cars to think they deserve the highest ratings. But they are way more fun to drive than a Honda, so I'll continue to buy them. If I wanted a car for reliability alone, it would be a Honda.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

There is no question, the JAPANESE CARS ARE THE MOST RELIABLE, but loking at Consumer Reports, it seems most Audi models in the last year or so are more reliable than earler models.
I am leasing this Q5, and if at he lease end, it proves reliable, I just may buy it. However, if it turns out that I am encountering anything more than very minor reliablity issues, I am returning the Q5 and going back to the Japanese and calling it a day with German cars.
For me, part of the "fun' ofdriving is that I don't have to worry about getting stuck somewhere because of poor quality control.

I am soooooooooooooooo hoping the Q5 fits the bill reliabilty wise.

Bob
Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bob m
There is no question, the JAPANESE CARS ARE THE MOST RELIABLE, but loking at Consumer Reports, it seems most Audi models in the last year or so are more reliable than earler models.
I am leasing this Q5, and if at he lease end, it proves reliable, I just may buy it. However, if it turns out that I am encountering anything more than very minor reliablity issues, I am returning the Q5 and going back to the Japanese and calling it a day with German cars.
For me, part of the "fun' ofdriving is that I don't have to worry about getting stuck somewhere because of poor quality control.

I am soooooooooooooooo hoping the Q5 fits the bill reliabilty wise.

Bob
I have had mine for one month as of yesterday and not a single problem. No rattles, no noises, nothing. I am keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Quick Reply: Audi Q5 reliability - better info - please sign up