Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

a6 c7 front right engine mount/Engine Torque Strut Mount 4G0199381LF

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a6 c7 front right engine mount/Engine Torque Strut Mount 4G0199381LF

Hey Gang, my car is acting up a bit, I have a 2012 a6 3.0t Quattro and I have the APR stage 2+ now when I take off it feels like the engine is going to spin so I opened the hood put it in drive held the brake and viewed the front right side of the engine coming up about 3 inches! I'm pretty certain it is a engine/motor mount or as I've research some call it a engine torque strut mount?!? I was looking for a schematic or if anyone has ever swapped one out please give me some tips....I have a lift and all tools very capable.. my car has 67XXX on it and I do have a extended warrantee too 100k but Audi just black listed my engine due to the upgrade when I brought it in for a fuel rail safety recall. Any help will uuuuuuuuh help?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

3 inches? Yikes!
Old 11-17-2015, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdm22
Hey Gang, my car is acting up a bit, I have a 2012 a6 3.0t Quattro and I have the APR stage 2+ now when I take off it feels like the engine is going to spin so I opened the hood put it in drive held the brake and viewed the front right side of the engine coming up about 3 inches! I'm pretty certain it is a engine/motor mount or as I've research some call it a engine torque strut mount?!? I was looking for a schematic or if anyone has ever swapped one out please give me some tips....I have a lift and all tools very capable.. my car has 67XXX on it and I do have a extended warrantee too 100k but Audi just black listed my engine due to the upgrade when I brought it in for a fuel rail safety recall. Any help will uuuuuuuuh help?
I just ran into same problem. Quick diagnosis at local indy shop is that my motor mount (didnt say which one) was bad. they also told me struts probably have bad mount (bushing at top). So I'm starting research to do the motor mount myself. Struts I'll probably pay for.

Did you resolve yours already?
Old 11-18-2015, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
I just ran into same problem. Quick diagnosis at local indy shop is that my motor mount (didnt say which one) was bad. they also told me struts probably have bad mount (bushing at top). So I'm starting research to do the motor mount myself. Struts I'll probably pay for.

Did you resolve yours already?
Indeed I did! I replaced the front right mount it was very easy and straight forward you do need the triple square spline driver set (14mm) you need to order these most auto places will have up to 10mm-12mm but NO ONE had 14mm so I ordered the complete set on amazon. You need to take the front pass. side tire off along with the plastic cover/shroud above the tire, my apologies for not taking pics but there are 2 10mm bolts holding a "nut bracket" attached to the engine mount under car take those out unplug the mount(has a solenoid to restrict flow)((oil filled motor mount)) then take out 3 triple square, 2-12mm and top one is 14mm from the tire side, I have a lift so I put a floor jack with a long 4"x4" under engine to take off the weight from the mount. Remove the nut bracket and grab a big pry bar to work the mount out....not much just needs some "talkin too"! Install new mount in reverse order you should be good PM me I'll give you my # I would be more then happy to be there for moral support if nothing else! I have some issue with my front suspension as well not sure if it is strut upper bushing/mount or struts themselves...when I hit a pot hole there is a sharp bang instead of a lofty whoosh. What are you feeling on your C7?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

On my car, while driving there is occasional metal like banging coming from front left. It sounds like a loose sway bar if that helps explain it.
Definitely hear the metal clanking when I drive over changes in surface level such as driveways or road bumps. I've pulled and rebuilt engines on all my previous cars so not afraid to get into engine mount. Not sure about struts yet so little weary about that part.

But how did you remove the plastic shroud above tire? When I removed bumper I removed front portion but could not see how to remove the entire shroud. Didn't see any other screws up top and seemed like it was tucked into top of fender and was worried to pull it out in fear I couldn't get it back in.

Thanks

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 11-18-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Motor Mounts

Just came back from the mechanic myself and I also need new motor mounts on my 2012 C7 A6, 60k miles. Car vibrates a lot at stop light with brake on D and also driving. I have been looking on the all over the internet for replacements and have had a hard time finding the part number. Also is there other brands I can replace the OEM. I'm tired of spending $$ on this car. Got hit with car problems on my Grand Cherokee and the Audi at the same time also 2012. Just bought and replaced the starter on that one. Any sugestions?

Last edited by johnnybroker; 11-30-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by peterdm22
Indeed I did! I replaced the front right mount it was very easy and straight forward you do need the triple square spline driver set (14mm) you need to order these most auto places will have up to 10mm-12mm but NO ONE had 14mm so I ordered the complete set on amazon. You need to take the front pass. side tire off along with the plastic cover/shroud above the tire, my apologies for not taking pics but there are 2 10mm bolts holding a "nut bracket" attached to the engine mount under car take those out unplug the mount(has a solenoid to restrict flow)((oil filled motor mount)) then take out 3 triple square, 2-12mm and top one is 14mm from the tire side, I have a lift so I put a floor jack with a long 4"x4" under engine to take off the weight from the mount. Remove the nut bracket and grab a big pry bar to work the mount out....not much just needs some "talkin too"! Install new mount in reverse order you should be good PM me I'll give you my # I would be more then happy to be there for moral support if nothing else! I have some issue with my front suspension as well not sure if it is strut upper bushing/mount or struts themselves...when I hit a pot hole there is a sharp bang instead of a lofty whoosh. What are you feeling on your C7?
Hi Peter. Thank so much for your help and guidance. Could use a bit more help.
1. Did you find less expensive mount than dealer?
2. How similar are th below linked instructions to what you did? Is any of these steps not necessary/different from what you did?
It's not same model car but same engine so curious if others can follow these instructions. No engine lift so i'd use your 4x4 and engine mount trick.

https://store.034motorsport.com/blog...s4-a5s5-q5sq5/

Thank you.

Originally Posted by johnnybroker
I have been looking on the all over the internet for replacements and have had a hard time finding the part number. Also is there other brands I can replace the OEM. I'm tired of spending $$ on this car. .... Any sugestions?
Haven't done this yet, turns out it was not my motor mount or struts after all. It was sway bar. Guess I needed new bolts as the old ones kept getting loose. But I'd follow Peter's lead for now. Hopefully he can help us out as I still want to know so I can do this when the time comes.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 11-30-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So has anyone replaced the motor mounts themselves? I'm going to need to replace both of mine very soon and I'm not sure if it's something I can do without or not. Was the video above helpful?
Old 03-25-2017, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

FYI, this is a year and a half old thread. The original participants may not be available to reply.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
FYI, this is a year and a half old thread. The original participants may not be available to reply.
Thanks, it was one of the few posts relevant to my question so I thought I would try and revive it.

Quick Reply: a6 c7 front right engine mount/Engine Torque Strut Mount 4G0199381LF