A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Takata airbag update

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Takata airbag update

Spoke to Audi USA today (after waiting 47 minutes on hold!) and was told that there was a breakthrough in the court case and the parts involved should be shipped in the near future (who knows what that means). It sounded to me that they will be moving on this issue soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. On this page, (Massive Takata Airbag Recall: Everything You Need to Know ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog) one BMW owner had his airbag replaced recently.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by occhis
Spoke to Audi USA today (after waiting 47 minutes on hold!) and was told that there was a breakthrough in the court case and the parts involved should be shipped in the near future (who knows what that means). It sounded to me that they will be moving on this issue soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. On this page, (Massive Takata Airbag Recall: Everything You Need to Know ? News ?*Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog) one BMW owner had his airbag replaced recently.
That's somewhat good news. I received the letter a few months ago and haven't heard a peep since.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious. Have anyone had their Takata airbag replaced yet?
Old 12-20-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, almost 2 more months have passed and still not a word from Audi. I would really like to put my car on the market in the spring and it is losing value every month. My son still has a Toyota Sienna van as a loaner waiting for an airbag on a Scion Xb that's worth about one third what my A6 is worth. This is really inexcusable.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the issue is AUDI but TAKATA... My daughters brand new Honda CRV has the same recall. They have no time frame. Their advise is to not get into an accident
Old 12-28-2016, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

We, as customers, should not allow Audi to pass the buck like that with impunity. Telling a family of 5 that only 4 can safely ride in one of their cars without giving them an option tells me that they don't value our needs or expectations. Companies like Toyota are much more deserving of our future business.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

occhis, i just check status of mine and found ...

Recalls
see details Takata Passenger Side Airbag REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE
START DATE
May 27, 2016
AUDI ACTION CODE
69O2
DESCRIPTION
Takata has reported that the passenger frontal airbag inflator could potentially rupture (due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute high humidity and temperature cycling) if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the frontal airbags are designed to deploy. In the event of an inflator rupture, in very rare cases metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, which may result in serious injury or death to vehicle occupants. Audi recommends avoiding use of the front passenger seat whenever possible until the recall repair has been performed.

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER
16V382
REMEDY
Repair solution pending.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-tishi
Old 01-03-2017, 12:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls#vin

Manufacturer's Notes
If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,
please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe if more people file complaints we will get action sooner
Old 01-04-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just filed a complaint. It took less than 5 minutes. It has been 6 months, no action from Audi USA. My wife has a 2014 VW Passat. it also has an airbag recall; but it is in the driver side. No fix from VW either. Both of our cars are unsafe to drive. That is not fair!!!

Last edited by first.octopus; 01-04-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Takata airbag update