A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Spoiler for Audi A4 B9

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler for Audi A4 B9

Anyone have pics of this on the Audi A4 by any chance? Or possibly know about the fitment. Says it is for the B9, but only shows it on the 2016 Audi A3.

Seems like it was just added within the month, and already 3 sold. Does anyone know if the trunks for the A4 and A3 are the same in dimensions for it to be a good fit? Interested in buying.

Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler Lip for 2017 Audi A4 B9 / Quattro Sedan Type B | eBay
Old 11-30-2016, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-30-2016, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DizzyA4

That's not quite the same spoiler, but thanks for the input! If you scroll through the pictures, you'll notice that the spoiler is different.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Not trying to dissuade anyone from getting a spoiler, but IMHO and it is just IMHO, I would not consider adding a spoiler to the A4 or any other sedan or CUV/SUV for that matter. The A4 is a compact SPORTY SEDAN, not a SPORTS CAR. It's not a Mustang, Camaro or any other type of muscle car or high performance racer where a spoiler may add function.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Not trying to dissuade anyone from getting a spoiler, but IMHO and it is just IMHO, I would not consider adding a spoiler to the A4 or any other sedan or CUV/SUV for that matter. The A4 is a compact SPORTY SEDAN, not a SPORTS CAR. It's not a Mustang, Camaro or any other type of muscle car or high performance racer where a spoiler may add function.
+1. Also, since they don't come like that from the factory, it can cause rattles on the long run once the glue becomes weak. I know a few people who had that problem.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
+1. Also, since they don't come like that from the factory, it can cause rattles on the long run once the glue becomes weak. I know a few people who had that problem.
Actually, you can get the spoiler from the factory.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Agre and I was going to mention that too.

TOP DEFINITION
ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Last edited by bob m; 12-01-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Actually, you can get the spoiler from the factory.
I was talking about after market spoilers They are usually stuck on using double sided 3M tape. If they are screwed on, one needs to drill holes for the screw. Personally, I don't think it's worth it, just for the extra looks, unless ofcourse, on can live with the rattle.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I was talking about after market spoilers They are usually stuck on using double sided 3M tape. If they are screwed on, one needs to drill holes for the screw. Personally, I don't think it's worth it, just for the extra looks, unless ofcourse, on can live with the rattle.
I put an aftermarket spoiler on my old 335 and had no issues in the 3 years it was on. This isn't that much of a "rice" spoiler, it's just a deck spoiler. I think it looks decent. I would try it.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I put an aftermarket spoiler on my old 335 and had no issues in the 3 years it was on. This isn't that much of a "rice" spoiler, it's just a deck spoiler. I think it looks decent. I would try it.
Well. I guess if the job was done well, one wouldn't face an issue. There aren't too many shops around that can stick a spoiler on properly (initially it looks perfect but later on, issues start to crop up). If one gets lucky, that is nice.