A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Calender - Audi Connect?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Calender - Audi Connect?

I went into Audi Connect this morning and saw a menu choice for my calendar. I chose that and, sure enough, it showed all my calendar entries. Wow, that's really helpful. I had never seen that before. This evening I tried to access it again and it was nowhere to be seen. A couple of questions for you folks:

1. Are you regularly able to access your calendar from Audi Connect?

2. If so, how do you get there?

3. If so, where does it get the information?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Coming to Audi Connect as a heavy Google user what I'm hoping to see is that you can view a calendar entry and select the address/location of the entry and initiate navigation directly from the calendar.

Right now (before getting my new A4) I'm used to making an appointment in Google Calendar and filling in the address of the appointment. Then when it's time to leave I get a Google Now alert, so when I get in my car and mount the phone in a windshield mount all I have to do is swipe down and select navigate on the alert. I'm hoping that the Audi Connect solution won't be too much different than that, otherwise I might use Android Auto and miss out on the mapping in the virtual cockpit.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You were able to bring up your calendar on the MMI? The only calendar integration I'm aware of is via the MMI connect app. You can select an appointment from the calendar on the phone and then send the location to the car.

They might be working on a more direct integration and accidentally enabled it for everybody to see.

I use the MMI connect app regularly to send calendar appointment locations to the car. Works pretty well, but that's about how far calendar integration goes at the moment.

For direct integration with the MMI, there are a few ways they could do that. There is the CTN (Calendar, Tasks, Notes) profile that could be used to read the calendar on one's phone via Bluetooth, but I don't know which devices already implement the CTN profile. Usually these things take a while before you see them implemented on mainstream devices. It was adopted in 2014. Another option is via Wifi and the MMI connect app. The MMI could talk to the MMI connect app via the car's Wifi network and access your calendar. Another option is to publish your calendar and then subscribe to it on the MMI, probably via the help of the myAudi website. You would most likely have to go there and subscribe to all your calendars that you want to see in the MMI.

If you were able to see your calendar directly in the MMI, then my guess is it pulled it via the MMI connect app from your phone.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-10-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, I was able to see my calendar in the MMI. In Audi Connect there was a menu item for calendar. I clicked that and it listed my calendar entries. I couldn't believe it. I have not been able to find it since.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My calendar is available on the MMI again. It looks like it's pulling my appointments from the MMI connect app. Are others now seeing the calendar option in the MMI also?

Last edited by KevinB656; 01-21-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to reread several times since the OP
is that the app what is giving you these screen options?
I never tried what would the Audi connect app do with my basic function A4, I am using the Android Auto only but would like to try if i can get your screen layout.
I am filling the addresses in my phone Contacts lists, and in example if I want to go there I need to initiate that address before I connect the phone to usb otherwise the screen will be locked with AA (and this is frustrating a bit but could not figure going around)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
My calendar is available on the MMI again. It looks like it's pulling my appointments from the MMI connect app. Are others now seeing the calendar option in the MMI also?
Nice! Yeah, I saw it on somebody else's screenshot recently, so looks like this feature is now available. I guess it saves the step of having to send the appointment to the car in advance from the MMI connect app, but ultimately you still have to go into Audi connect and pull it up. Doesn't seem that much more efficient. It'd be nice if it automatically suggested the next calendar appointment as your destination like Waze or Android Auto do. Built in digital personal assistant is really the next feature I would like to see Audi implement, so my car learns my routine and automatically informs me about current traffic and knows where I'm most likely heading next based on my calendar etc. and no I don't wanna have to plug in my phone every time for this a la Android Auto and Apple Car Play. The latter supports Bluetooth, but the MMI only supports wired for now.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-21-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The only thing I've done is make sure that in the MMI Connect app on my phone I have enabled the setting for allowing the MMI to access the saved appointments on my phone. I did that months ago, though, and never saw the calendar in the menu options for Audi Connect in car until recently.

If I enter an appointment in Outlook on my computer it automatically syncs to my phone's calendar and to the calendar in the MMI connect app. (I don't think I did anything to make it sync with MMI Connect.) Now, if I go into Audi Connect in the car I see the calendar option and it shows all appointments that I've put in Outlook. It will read them to me if I want. If I have included a location with the appointment it will give me the option to navigate there. I don't need to do anything on my phone. I simply load Audi Connect and choose the calendar option.

This is very helpful to me. I can get in the car in the morning, see what I've got going that day and have it guide me to any appointments, again without having to do anything on my phone.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Will it kick off virtual console navigation from the address of one of your appointments?
Old 01-21-2017, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sprior
Will it kick off virtual console navigation from the address of one of your appointments?
Yes, if there is an address with the appointment I can hit the right menu button and it will give an option to navigate to the address.

Quick Reply: Calender - Audi Connect?