A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auction Prices Request Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auction Prices Request Please!!

I have my eyes on a Range Rover, yes a RR! They just delete my post over on their forum so F them. The dependable folks here I like better anyway Please PM me for details.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

I think a Supercharged LWB RR will be what ends up replacing my A8L. It's the only SUV with decent rear legroom. In fact it's got a 7" stretch over standard so it makes the A8L seem short of room in the back!

I took one for a test drive last week and was very impressed with it. Great ride, lovely interior, loads of space, etc. It was a lot quicker than I was expecting also. Then again, you throw 500+ hp into anything, it's going to be fast!

They're still a bit too new so the used market is limited and expensive. But prices are going downhill faster than a cake filled fat kid on a sledge, so keeping my eye out....
Old 01-23-2017, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArabianKnight
I have my eyes on a Range Rover, yes a RR! They just delete my post over on their forum so F them. The dependable folks here I like better anyway Please PM me for details.
RangeRovers.net - assuming this is what you are referring to - are a bunch of jackasses, I've experienced the same issues as you...perfectly legitimate threads getting deleted by the pompous admins for zero reason.

That said, I'm fairly active in the Rover community as an enthusiast and also do customized CNC Rover parts as well. Mainly the "older" stuff (Defenders & Series trucks), but I know my way around the post-Ford owned realm of Rovers pretty well (owned one of the '06s since new, currently in the market myself for an '09-'10 model).

Anyhow, not sure what year/etc you're looking for...but drop me a pm with your contact info if you want and I can at least give you some insight if you let me know what year/model you have an eye on.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am going to see a 2009 RR AB Tuesday as well as get a PPI done at a dealer and I'll see what they come up with.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Do share how the PPI goes.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default PPI Report

Originally Posted by RobertV
Do share how the PPI goes.
Went to the dealer yesterday and did an initial overview, was not as clean as I had hoped for....

First, it smelled like ammonia when I sat inside it and after looking around I discovered the cargo area covered in dog hair so there is dog urine somewhere..?

Second, it had some marks and scrapes in the leather on the dash next to the airbag stitches and on the passenger door near the top. Also the light colored headliner had some marks/stains around the moon-roof area. Not a big deal as I can scrub it clean.

My personal observations for the features/functions is that everything I pushed worked(all buttons to include terrain settings)

The air suspension worked great. All 3 levels were smooth, hasty and even. No hissing was detected. Both front airbags were replaced within the past 2 years.

I was at the LR dealer for about 2 hours and they completed a 150-point inspection. They found it to be very mechanically sound with a couple side markers out, low coolant warning sensor and a TPMS sensor needs servicing. Total would be around 335 to fix those issues...not bad.

Spare tire, 2 headphones and remote with cases were in the back right compartment. Could not test the video out as the batteries in the remote appeared corroded/dead. Missing the rear luggage cover thingy. All floor mats were present.

Rims were flawless, outside did not appear to have any scratches/scuffs, or signs of repair.

Did not test it at night so no observations there, could not see if any interior bulbs were out.

No tears, rips, cuts in the leather and driver bolsters were in good condition for the age. Needs a good cleaning, conditioning but no big deal.

Conclusion:
Although I was disappointed with the interior condition(I am very picky and prefer immaculate interiors) most issues there can be fixed by a hefty cleaning with special attention to the cargo area urine issue. I expected there would be more issues uncovered with the dealer inspection. With the 90k service and the other small issues mentioned above that would be about 1000, I also would get new tires, that is another 1000. I would clean the inside myself so just the cost of the cleaning products there and my time. The price is right for this and there are only 5 of this year and trim for sale in the US and this one is actually close by!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have a 2011 range rover sport autobiography 5.0 supercharged with 61k. I love it! What do you plan on paying for your RR?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ~DonQPremiumTequila~
I have a 2011 range rover sport autobiography 5.0 supercharged with 61k. I love it! What do you plan on paying for your RR?
I am looking to pay 21500 for this one. Given what they paid for it there is not much room to negotiate here.