A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Vibration coming from front passenger door

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration coming from front passenger door

Hi guys,

I'm getting some really loud vibration/rattling from the front passenger side door panel. It is much louder when the B&O system is up but its unique to this one panel.

I know it's a small problem but I was looking for some insight into possibly taking the panel off and looking for the culprit, could be lose clips.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!
Old 01-23-2017, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The car is obviously under warranty. Let the dealer do it for you. If they break something, they'll take care of it.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Okay I agree, thanks for the direction
Old 01-23-2017, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Yup. Stuff like this is best left to the dealer.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the same problem. It rattles over broken pavement and turning up the B&O makes it worse. I have an appointment at the dealer on Friday morning. I'll post up when I find out something.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same issue, as well as an even more annoying buzzing sound from the front center speaker in the dash.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know. It's pretty annoying. If I run the tire pressures a little lower (34psi) than recommended I can make the noise go away. Problem is that lower pressures lead to poor handling, lower fuel economy and faster tire wear. If the dealer can't figure it out then I'll do it. I have a full set of trim tools to pull apart the door. It's going to get fixed either way. It's just too annoying on a brand new 50k car to leave it that way.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 01-25-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I noticed the same thing on my way to work this morning, although it wasn't there on the way home. I wasn't able to pinpoint it to the passenger side door panel, but that's the approximate area where it was originating.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I dropped the car off at the dealership. I went out with a tech and he heard it. He thought it was coming from the sunroof controls on the ceiling instead of the door. He's going to go out with another tech and see if they can pinpoint it. I should hear back today. I have a 2.0 Q5 loaner. What a slow boat it is. Nothing happens in a hurry. Steering, braking and acceleration are in slow motion. lol.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 01-27-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got what sounds like the same rattle (and I also have the B&O system).

A couple months ago I took it in, the tech heard it on a short test drive (over lots of broken pavement) and the explanation I got was there was a loose screw in the glove box. The rattle seemed to go away for a while but came back after a couple weeks but I didn't have time to deal with it until now. Sometimes it is more noticeable than others but definitely audible over pretty much any surface that isn't perfectly smooth.

Agree with up-n-coming that it's pretty disappointing. The loaner B9 P+ I had that day (exactly the same as my car except white) was dead silent inside driving the exact same route over the exact same rough pavement.

I'll be setting up a trip to the dealer to get it looked at (along with the flickering MMI screen issue).

Quick Reply: Vibration coming from front passenger door