Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

When is the Q5 expected to arrive at US dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default When is the Q5 expected to arrive at US dealerships?

Sorry if I've missed this, but just wondering. Our G37 lease ends in June and it would be nice if Q5s have at least landed on our shores by April. Any info?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Most likely late March-April.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SYMAWD do you think that includes customer ordered ones or just the previously built ones that are rumored to be sitting at the ports?
Old 02-24-2017, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Gizmo57
SYMAWD do you think that includes customer ordered ones or just the previously built ones that are rumored to be sitting at the ports?
If an ordered one is built and at port by that time, they would be released too. And Q5s are at port, it's not a rumor.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
If an ordered one is built and at port by that time, they would be released too. And Q5s are at port, it's not a rumor.
Are these Port units allocated to dealers or are they available for a customer to buy? In other words can I pick one with equipment and color that I want if it's in Port or is it locked to a specific dealer?
Old 02-24-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Ron.S
Are these Port units allocated to dealers or are they available for a customer to buy? In other words can I pick one with equipment and color that I want if it's in Port or is it locked to a specific dealer?
They are given to dealers already, but a dealer can always trade cars with another dealer.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Before all of the "in-transit" 2018 Q5's that showed on the dealer inventories a couple of weeks ago were removed from dealer websites, I assumed that these were the colors and configurations that were given to the individual dealers. It still makes no sense to me why they were put there and then removed. The 2018 A5 "in-transit" inventories remained on the website though.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GiftCard
Before all of the "in-transit" 2018 Q5's that showed on the dealer inventories a couple of weeks ago were removed from dealer websites, I assumed that these were the colors and configurations that were given to the individual dealers. It still makes no sense to me why they were put there and then removed. The 2018 A5 "in-transit" inventories remained on the website though.
I would assume they were added to the inventory in error and they really don't want to show them until the actual release date. What I don't understand is why Audi can't let anyone know the release date. It doesn't take away from any element of surprise and potential customers are trying to plan when they can make a purchase, but Audi makes that difficult. They could at least give an anticipated release date to the media or through forums. This whole "we don't know" stuff is ridiculous in this day and age. I've extended my current lease for one month and don't know if I'll need to extend it for another month or not. Not a great way to start a relationship with new customers. My potential vehicle has been sitting at a port for weeks. Are they going to ship it from the port on a release date? Will it be at the dealer on the release date? Who knows!
Old 02-24-2017, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by GiftCard
Well the A5 will likely be out before the Q5
Old 02-24-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Well the A5 will likely be out before the Q5
Would that include the A5 Sportback?

Quick Reply: When is the Q5 expected to arrive at US dealerships?