Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 - What should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 - What should I expect?

So, it´s only a few weeks left before my new car should arrive.
I only had a short run a few month ago, so I hardly even know what it is like and what i should expect.
I guess there are lots of S3 owners at this forum, and I am curios about your experience of the model. -Good or bad
Old 03-14-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My S3 is the only thing that can put a smile on my face every single day, every single time. You will have a car that is practical and elegant but be aggressively fun on a good road. I have had zero issues since getting my S3 in Sept 2014. Also bumped up performance with several stage tunes from APR and added some other mods myself like a replacement air intake and structural brace beneath the car. Visually the same car but now pushing almost 400 HP. Loving every minute of it. I wish you the same luck and fun that I'm enjoying. Welcome to the group!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for your reply.
It sounds very promising. I've never had an Audi before, so it will be interesting to see how it is.
Judging by what you write, it will be a pleasurable experience.

The choice was Audi S3 for it´s high technology. The viritual cocpit, magnetic ride and matrix led made the choise easy.

I'm not a racer, but I like a lot of power. S3 seems perfect, since it is both daily and can be transformed into a sports car whenever you want.
I do not want to risk the warranty, so I must content myself with the original 310 hp for a while. I think it's pretty good, even if you get used to pretty quickly. Still more than 100hp more than the car i drive at the moment.

Sounds great with 400hp. More like an RS. I would love it too.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also had my 2015 S3 since October 2014.
No issues whatsoever; love the car for its classy appearance and power.
Best car I have ever owned.

Only minor drawbacks (in my opinion) suspension a bit stiff given the poor road quality in my region and high gas consumption.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

You will love it. I went in to get an S3 and still regret not buying one. I got the A4 instead because I needed a bigger car. While I love my A4 to bits, I'm sure the S3 provides more fun because of the significantly higher output and lighter weight.
I drove the S3 long back and I loved it. A lovely little car. Who cares if people think it is a glorified Golf R? Worth every penny and the amount of power you can get from tunes and stuff. Insane!!!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VipinLJJ: You have and had several nice vehicles! For you to write of the S3 so kindly says quite a bit!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
VipinLJJ: You have and had several nice vehicles! For you to write of the S3 so kindly says quite a bit!
Thank you. And yes. While I've driven many nice cars, the S3 is one that I found that was very VFM. Loads of power for around $50k shows that Audi did something right. And the 2.0tfsi is one of the best 2.0s around.
Obviously it isn't a perfect car. It will have its share of niggles (like every car) but it will make you smile each time you drive it. My next car is definitely an S. S3/4/6.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Laudio
I guess there are lots of S3 owners at this forum, and I am curios about your experience of the model. -Good or bad
2 years in an S3 and almost all very positive experience. One check-engine light was a non-issue, and a few free oil top-ups from the dealer in 38,000 km's or so. It works well hauling around an adult family, for long distance work drives, and shrugs off ugly winter stuff.

I do feel the suspension setup (Mag on mine) is a compromise and doesn't allow for the suspension to show it's performance capabilities. It is a reasonable compromise for probably 90%+ of the drivers out there. We'll see if the Sport Suspension in the RS3 scares away the family - it's due in July.

The LED headlights are good, but not brilliant. some of the interior bits feel cheap - like the rear seat cup holders. The rear trunk is a bit small with the Quattro gear underneath, but with the rear seats folded down there's lots of space.

enjoy! If the RS3 wasn't coming to Canada, I'd be happy to hold on to my S3 for a lot more years.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ValBoo
Also had my 2015 S3 since October 2014.
No issues whatsoever; love the car for its classy appearance and power.
Best car I have ever owned.

Only minor drawbacks (in my opinion) suspension a bit stiff given the poor road quality in my region and high gas consumption.
Thanks for your reply. I am prepared to comfort may suffer a bit from the hard suspension, but I hope it pays off in the curvy roads. I´m not sure about the settings in Magnetic ride yet, so I guess I have to find out. I have choosen 19 inch wheels, so that will not make it more smooth. On the other side, is the car i´m driving at the moment very hard in the suspension setting, so I guess that won´t be a problem.
Fuel consumption may be a bit high compared to other cars, but more fun for the money.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
You will love it. I went in to get an S3 and still regret not buying one. I got the A4 instead because I needed a bigger car. While I love my A4 to bits, I'm sure the S3 provides more fun because of the significantly higher output and lighter weight.
I drove the S3 long back and I loved it. A lovely little car. Who cares if people think it is a glorified Golf R? Worth every penny and the amount of power you can get from tunes and stuff. Insane!!!
Thanks for your reply.
That is good news. A4 is a very nice car, and if you prefer an S3, that must be a really great car. S4 was a bit to expensive for me, but it is a beautiful car to look at. I love the interiour with all the led strips. Too bad that does not exist in 3-series.
Golf R is a cool car, but I am prepared to pay a bit more to get the extra tech and quality from Audi.

Quick Reply: S3 - What should I expect?