TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Anyone know where the comfort control module is on a '01 TTR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know where the comfort control module is on a '01 TTR?

Hi Dom,
I unfortunately didn't get very much time to work on the TT today, but I did find something of which I would consider significant. I included my email address, and if you send me your cell number, I will call you when I get a chance to talk about it. Talk to you soon...
-Doug
Old 08-22-2015, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi TT Roadster 2005 CCM Location

Originally Posted by dslem01
I can tell you right where it is. I ironically had the exact same thing happen to me last week after a hard rain, and just yesterday I looked in my official Audi TT Repair manual on CD-Rom. The Central Locking Control Module is located under the removable lid on the passenger side in the top-down storage area. To get to it you must have the top in the up position, and get your head back between the roll bars, find the little removable lid on the passenger side, and there is the big black box. I haven't gotten any farther than finding where it is, but I will be doing more diagnostics this weekend. -Doug

My wife has a 2005 Audi TT Quatro Roadster.......the module can be found in the roof well behind the Passenger Seat under a small cover. You can see this through the back window, and if you are small enough you can stick your head into the well area inside of the car. Not easy to get to, but now you know where it is. Good luck!
Attached Images   
Old 08-22-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiTTR225
I'm having a problem with my 2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster. After a heavy rain and driving through a few puddles, my car started exhibiting the following symptoms:

-Central locking system doesn't work
-Fuel door button doesn't work
-Trunk release button in console doesn't work
-Anti-theft system doesn't work
-Radio no longer detects the Phatbox
-Convertible top doesn't work
-One touch down/up for windows doesn't work
-Windows no longer inch down/up when opening/closing the door

It's a mess. I think what bothers me the most is not being able to unlock the car with the remote. I'm reduced to using the KEY! The bloody KEY!!! It's SAVAGERY, I tell you!

Anyways, after searching through several Audi and VW forums, I'm pretty convinced that the culprit is the comfort control module which probably got wet and went kaput. Trouble is, people mentioned in the forums the location of the CCM for cars other than the TT. Some say in the driver floorboard, some say passenger floorboard, some say under the driver seat, and some even say under the steering column behind the dash. I'd hate to start tearing apart my car not knowing for certain where the CCM is located.... can anyone tell me where it is? By the way, just to eliminate any possibility for confusion when describing the location of the CCM: the car and I are located in the US, so the "driver's side" is the left side of the car.

Another thing that piqued my curiosity is that I purchased a cable so that I could run a diagnosis with VAG-COM, but it seemed to skip the CCM entirely as if it wasn't even there, presumably because it couldn't communicate with the module. I was expecting a fault code or something.... is it normal for VAG-COM to skip a faulty module?

Upon selecting the Audi TT chassis and clicking auto-scan in VAG-COM, it states:

Chassis Type: 8N - Audi TT
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,22,35,37,45,54,55,56

I got results for all addresses except 02,35,37, and 54.

If anyone can provide any useful information or insight, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks.
Audi TT Roadster CCM located in roof well behind passenger seat (U.S. version). There is a small velcro hatch that needs to be lifted up....and you will see a white/silver box and a black box.....its the black box that is the CCM.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If the black box in the pictures is the ccm, what is the silver module? My car has no communications with ECU/vag-com and the silver box is completely missing from my 01 audi tt convertible 225 (not TTR)

I'm guessing its the headlight range control module.

Anyone got one for sale?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default CCM Mk-1 Problems

Originally Posted by scott.sullivan
Audi TT Roadster CCM located in roof well behind passenger seat (U.S. version). There is a small velcro hatch that needs to be lifted up....and you will see a white/silver box and a black box.....its the black box that is the CCM.
Ok I have the same model and problems . However I'm still troubleshooting that issue . Had a dealer tell me it was the CCM before BUT that issue was resolved and two years later it returns . I'm researching the Service Manual and it could also be a relay under the dash that is awry . CCM replacement ain't cheap .
Old 10-10-2015, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem. I took all the morning to figure out first where the CCM was located. then how to release and now I'm in the process of cleaning the contacts because they're corroded. I hope that is the problem.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by yaguarcritchfield
I have the same problem. I took all the morning to figure out first where the CCM was located. then how to release and now I'm in the process of cleaning the contacts because they're corroded. I hope that is the problem.

I pulled my ccm and headlights control module out the headlight control module was corroded really bad I soaked it in viniger then alcohol for a few hours each then let it dry then hair drier on it for a few about to out them back in hopefully it fixes the ccm didn't have much of anything on it I did notice a thin copper wire broken in the board its self going to try and re solder that later this week but going to see if it fixed any of my problems my windows won't go all the way up and sometimes won't work my top will not open to close with switch and doesn't show light on the dash my doors won't lock or unlock unless manual with key trunk and gas cap won't open unless I keep pushing them constantly its been more of a pain in the a** but trying to see what I can do the module for the headlights isn't to bad 40 to 60 bucks in eBay and the ccm isnt to bad either 140-220 on eBay as well not to bad for a computer that runs half my car but I think I'm going to move them to the inside of the trunk on the square pease that pops in and out cut a whole and screw them in there that should keep the water out pretty good and not have another problem out of them I think if this doesn't fix does anyone else have any idea what it could be???? If so lmk I would really appreciate the info guys thanks yall
Old 01-28-2016, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by 01audi TT roadster
I pulled my ccm and headlights control module out the headlight control module was corroded really bad I soaked it in viniger then alcohol for a few hours each then let it dry then hair drier on it for a few about to out them back in hopefully it fixes the ccm didn't have much of anything on it I did notice a thin copper wire broken in the board its self going to try and re solder that later this week but going to see if it fixed any of my problems my windows won't go all the way up and sometimes won't work my top will not open to close with switch and doesn't show light on the dash my doors won't lock or unlock unless manual with key trunk and gas cap won't open unless I keep pushing them constantly its been more of a pain in the a** but trying to see what I can do the module for the headlights isn't to bad 40 to 60 bucks in eBay and the ccm isnt to bad either 140-220 on eBay as well not to bad for a computer that runs half my car but I think I'm going to move them to the inside of the trunk on the square pease that pops in and out cut a whole and screw them in there that should keep the water out pretty good and not have another problem out of them I think if this doesn't fix does anyone else have any idea what it could be???? If so lmk I would really appreciate the info guys thanks yall
That didn't fix anything with the ccm but fixed my headlights control module but nothing else works still just every now an then anyone have any idea?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by scott.sullivan
My wife has a 2005 Audi TT Quatro Roadster.......the module can be found in the roof well behind the Passenger Seat under a small cover. You can see this through the back window, and if you are small enough you can stick your head into the well area inside of the car. Not easy to get to, but now you know where it is. Good luck!
Hi! I still can’t fogure out where is it? Is it accessible from the passenger side (from the canin)? Or from the boot?
here is a photo of “behind the passenger”. Can you point me where to look please?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Vitaly Krasilnikov
Hi! I still can’t fogure out where is it? Is it accessible from the passenger side (from the canin)? Or from the boot?
here is a photo of “behind the passenger”. Can you point me where to look please?
..figure..
..cabin..
😊

Quick Reply: Anyone know where the comfort control module is on a '01 TTR?