Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi TT / TT-S / TT-RS > TT (Mk1) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
Account #: 88842

Default Oil Filter Wrench - Hazet 3417

I changed my oil this weekend and I wanted share what I used. I noticed several people posted they had issues taking their filters off in the past. I have several different types of wrenches, (chain, 3-prong collapsible, slip collar, big channel locks - I've tried them all) This is hands down the best I've used for VW/Audi filters. If your car has a factory hard to remove filter this is the tool you need. It has never failed...

stilljester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 79473

Default Thank you - that will be handy :)

- "A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."
'Adlai Stevenson -

I said goodbye to Audi, then I said goodbye to BMW - now I have a daily driver named Civic and now all I want to do is ride my motorcycle!
Check out my StraightFocus.com website - with a link to my blog and another to my photo album on Picasaweb!
JustAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:39 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 19054

Default I've found that a large channel-lock pliers is even easier than this tool...

I can get the filter loose by the time it takes to get this tool and socket wrench on.....

But, whatever works for you on that PITA filter!
Teutonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Account #: 76421

Default 2nd

Old 10-31-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 9

Default I've used similar versions of those that slip when the oil filter is so tight...

The one I have has 3 round prongs (not flat which are weaker) that tighten their bite as you rotate the wrench.

Here's another one I have in my arsenal
Audiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Account #: 88842

Default I have the three prong one two; (round bars not flat) I agree it works very very well.

Given the depth and interface this tool is made too I've never had it slip. It is a noticeably higher quality unit when compared to the knock-offs.
stilljester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 9

Default Hmm, it's probably the same brand. But what you posted is better for tight places...

for example, I accidentally ripped off the oil pressure wire from our Acura using the 3 prong because I didn't watch out for clearance of the fingers when it pinched the wire between the motor mount.
Audiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:56 PM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 39414

Default whats wrong with stabbing a screwdriver thru the filter? ; )

"So your reasoning here (sorry about being off topic but this demands further discussion) is that if you have a pole in house, it will attract pole dancers. Have there been any studies on this, could it really work? My God, could it really work?"
furiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:18 PM   #9
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 53730

Default This works great every time for me.....

Current: 2005 Lotus Elise, Chrome Orange/Black, Sport Package, Von Hep exhaust, rear panel delete, micro-mirror, back window tint, de-snorkeled, high flow filter, Sector 111 Katana supercharger/Gotham tuned ECU by CharlieX, Sector 111 harness bar, Schroth Profi II ASM 4 point harness---240hp, 1,950lbs.

Previous, but will always miss:
2002 1.8T 225 TTQC Black/Aviator
2007 A3 2.0T Brilliant Red/Black

Too many mods to list...click here for mods and how-to's

*I am not responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Keebler employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, I am not responsible for the loss of any of the following, which may occur as the result of exposing one's self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made by me: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns.*
Kareem of Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #10
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 24828

Default I got a similar one at pep boys for about $5 works fine...

comming soon clearcorners & who knows what else?
TTapsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 3417, a8, audi, bmw, filter, hazet, mirror, motorcycle, oil, socket, tool, und, vw, wrench, wrenches