TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Very strange key fob issue.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Control Module Issue.....

Hi guys,

So I went out the other morning and my key fob didn't work on my '01 TT.
I figured it was just the batteries in the fob so I replaced them and tried to re-sync the remote per the instructions in the owners manual. This didn't work nor did any of the other ways i read about here. The security lights are flashing as normal and the horn chirps when you lock the door with the key in the door lock.

This morning I walked outside and kept hearing something strange coming from the car. It was the faint chirp the car makes when you lock the doors with the key from the fob. The keys were hanging on the hook inside the house far away from the car. I double checked that no buttons were being pushed. It was just happening on its own. It actually chirped about 4 more times while I was standing there next to the car. I decided to disconnect the battery for about an hour and see if resetting everything will fix the problem. I'll check back in later with the results. If anyone has any insight, please let me know what you think.....

Last edited by Mikebuzz; 05-08-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, that didn't fix the problem. I'm at a loss. This is the first real electrical issue i've had. Not really sure where to go from here.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Pull the codes if you can. My Porsche lock module failed the car was trying to lock itself like every 5 seconds. Killed the battery and burnt out a lock motor (PIA)
Old 05-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm afraid it's the central control module or comfort control module. Not sure exactly sure what the technical name. Now none of the door locks, gas cap release, trunk release, or any of those related switches inside the car are working. From what I've read, the convertible top gets a small leak or a drain plugged and it leaks directly into this module causing it to fail. If anyone has pictures of the location, that would be most helpful.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I found it.

I found the module.....

Here is the problem now. I am defiantly a DIY kind of guy. Everything is dry as a bone down there where the module is located but every problem I have points to this module. Basic trouble shooting. I am 6'3" and pushing 225 pounds. I'm not fat but far from being a small guy. How in the holy hell does someone get down there to remove this thing without completely removing the convertible top from the car. I honestly don't think that would help that much. I can barely feel the top bolts holding the black box on the top and I know there are probably more bolts on the bottom that I can't even reach. I have searched and can't find any pictures of people removing them. I know there has to be a way. I suppose i'm just too dumb to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.