TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

APR ECU and TCU Tunes for 2014 TT and 0-60 Times

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 08:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR ECU and TCU Tunes for 2014 TT and 0-60 Times

Just got the ECU (Stage II+) and TCU (Stage I) flashed couple days ago by APR (Thx Audi Hoffman Estates in Illinois). I had the APR Carbonio intake and the Milltek full exhaust system installed for few months from now. The car sounds good, however, it doesn’t have the performance that I was expected from these two tunes and also the check engine light always illuminated due to the exhaust gases are traveling through at a much higher rate. So, I decided to get the ECU and TCU tunes from APR. I got the Stage II+ ECU flashed at first and drove it for a few days to see if it has noticeable performance difference with the flash. To be honest, I didn’t feel any noticeable differences except the check engine light is now off, maybe I already have the intake and the full exhaust done for a quite a long time, what I did feel is the car is little bit more “torqueky”. Than I went back couple days later to get the TCU flashed as well. Now the car is a lot more responsive after the TCU flash and it hold the gear longer in Drive mode, it upshift based on my throttle input and position instead of upshifting at around 2,000RPM in stock. For example, normal driving in drive mode at 45mph, APR TCU would be at 4th gear and holds it at around 2,500RPM until I let off the throttle a little bit then it will upshift, stock would be at 6th gear already. Holding the gear keeps the turbo spooling at a higher speed = boost, I think that makes the car a lot more responsive. I listed some 0-60 times below, from stock to all the tunes that are currently installed.

0-60 Time with Launch Control (Recorded by P3Cars Gauge):
Stock (without any tunes installed): Best Run 5.34 sec.
APR Carbonio Intake: Best Run 5.28 sec.
APR Carbonio Intake and Milltek full exhaust system: Best Run 5.00 sec.
APR Carbonio Intake, Milltek full exhaust system and APR ECU: Best Run 4.87 Sec.
APR Carbonio Intake, Milltek full exhaust system, APR ECU and TCU (This run with a passenger in the car): 4.61 sec.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck2014
Just got the ECU (Stage II+) and TCU (Stage I) flashed couple days ago by APR (Thx Audi Hoffman Estates in Illinois). I had the APR Carbonio intake and the Milltek full exhaust system installed for few months from now. The car sounds good, however, it doesn’t have the performance that I was expected from these two tunes and also the check engine light always illuminated due to the exhaust gases are traveling through at a much higher rate. So, I decided to get the ECU and TCU tunes from APR. I got the Stage II+ ECU flashed at first and drove it for a few days to see if it has noticeable performance difference with the flash. To be honest, I didn’t feel any noticeable differences except the check engine light is now off, maybe I already have the intake and the full exhaust done for a quite a long time, what I did feel is the car is little bit more “torqueky”. Than I went back couple days later to get the TCU flashed as well. Now the car is a lot more responsive after the TCU flash and it hold the gear longer in Drive mode, it upshift based on my throttle input and position instead of upshifting at around 2,000RPM in stock. For example, normal driving in drive mode at 45mph, APR TCU would be at 4th gear and holds it at around 2,500RPM until I let off the throttle a little bit then it will upshift, stock would be at 6th gear already. Holding the gear keeps the turbo spooling at a higher speed = boost, I think that makes the car a lot more responsive. I listed some 0-60 times below, from stock to all the tunes that are currently installed.

Stock (without any tunes installed): Best Run 5.34 sec.
APR Carbonio Intake: Best Run 5.28 sec.
APR Carbonio Intake and Milltek full exhaust system: Best Run 5.00 sec.
APR Carbonio Intake, Milltek full exhaust system and APR ECU: Best Run 4.87 Sec.
APR Carbonio Intake, Milltek full exhaust system, APR ECU and TCU (This run with a passenger in the car): 4.61 sec.

Interesting that you didn't feel a whole lot of difference. Sounds like the TCU upgrade is kind of like shifting into sport mode. I am on the fence about the same upgrade and it sounds like the best answer may be to leave it stock and keep the warranty in place. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sandjunkie
Interesting that you didn't feel a whole lot of difference. Sounds like the TCU upgrade is kind of like shifting into sport mode. I am on the fence about the same upgrade and it sounds like the best answer may be to leave it stock and keep the warranty in place. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, I didn't feel a whole lot of differences but the 0-60 times proved that the tunes and upgrades actually improved the over all performance of the car. If you expecting these tunes and upgrades will turn your TT into a R8 or a RS7, then it is better to save up your money and trade your TT to a faster model.

For the warranty issue, the dealer said they can work around it so that Audi wouldn't know my car is flashed when I need to claim my warranty. How they can do it? Or they were just bull****ing me? I don't know. But APR tunes are very reliable, I haven't experience any problems so far
Old 04-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Went to the drag strip the other day.

Left: APR Carbonio Intake, Milltek full exhaust system, APR ECU and TCU
Right: APR Carbonio Intake and Milltek full exhaust system

Here is an update on the 0-60mph time:
APR Carbonio Intake, Milltek full exhaust system, APR ECU and TCU: 4.17sec.