TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Dim ESP light on all the time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dim ESP light on all the time.

I'm new to the forum and I was hoping that I could post a message relating to a problem I'm having with my 2009 TT. The problem is that the ESP light, although very very dim, remains on all the time and the car can be difficult to start. I've had a full service including timing belt replacement, starter reconditioned, new battery, alternator reconditioned and fuse wires cleaned and nothing seems to help. Can anyone offer advice please?
Old 05-28-2015, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Turn the traction control back on by pressing the button?
Old 05-28-2015, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Dim ESP light

Originally Posted by Climberdave
Turn the traction control back on by pressing the button?
Hi thank you for reading and replying to my post. But unfortunately my TT doesn't have a traction control switch. Unless there's one that I don't know about.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Juls rivendell
I'm new to the forum and I was hoping that I could post a message relating to a problem I'm having with my 2009 TT. The problem is that the ESP light, although very very dim, remains on all the time and the car can be difficult to start. I've had a full service including timing belt replacement, starter reconditioned, new battery, alternator reconditioned and fuse wires cleaned and nothing seems to help. Can anyone offer advice please?
I don't know if the MKII is the same as the MKI, but I had a similar instance in my first TT where the ESP light came on and stayed on. Turns out there was more than one sensor for the ESP system. They only replaced one of the sensors so the light stayed on. Perhaps it is something like that?
Old 05-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Juls rivendell
Hi thank you for reading and replying to my post. But unfortunately my TT doesn't have a traction control switch. Unless there's one that I don't know about.
On the bezel below the gear selector and just to the left of the hazard switch. It will say "ESP Off" or have a symbol of a car with squiggly lines behind it.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Climberdave
On the bezel below the gear selector and just to the left of the hazard switch. It will say "ESP Off" or have a symbol of a car with squiggly lines behind it.
l

Lol Spot the lady TT driver !! Thank you I found the switch ( doh ) but dim light still on . Although car is starting better since work carried out.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My MK2 TT had a similar issue when I ran accidently ran over a rabbit while I was driving back home from work...
ESP fault warning came on sometimes as I was driving or, when I start the engine. But they were gone withing a few minutes or when I start the engine again.
Also the dealer couldn't find any problem. with that said, when I checked the ECU using the TorquePro app, I couldn't find any problem code stored related to the ESP Problem..
And anyhow.. My TT doesn't seem to have ESP problem nowdays..
But I would suggest to scan the ECU using the OBD tools so you can find out what kind of problem codes are stored in your ECU.