TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Ipod conection advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod conection advice.

Good morning, I wonder if anyone can provide some advice : I have recently just bought a 62 plate Audi TT Tdi Quattro, it has an ipod connection in the glove box and my question is, if I connect my ipod and leave it constantly plugged into the connection, am I likely to come out and find the battery flat ?? I use the car most days driving approx. 9 miles to work and 9 miles back at the end of the day, I appreciate there are other systems on the car that will draw a current from the battery, however I do not want to add to this with the ipod to the detriment of the car ?? Many thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2014, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Ian Scooby Hollis
Good morning, I wonder if anyone can provide some advice : I have recently just bought a 62 plate Audi TT Tdi Quattro, it has an ipod connection in the glove box and my question is, if I connect my ipod and leave it constantly plugged into the connection, am I likely to come out and find the battery flat ?? I use the car most days driving approx. 9 miles to work and 9 miles back at the end of the day, I appreciate there are other systems on the car that will draw a current from the battery, however I do not want to add to this with the ipod to the detriment of the car ?? Many thanks in advance
I have an iPod adapter in my '08 TTR and leave the iPod plugged in all the time. What I do when I turn the car off is leave the satellite radio on or turn the head unit off completely. I've had no battery issues either with the car or the iPod (I have had the 160gig Classic) which has been working fine for 6 years! There have been posts on this in the past where some owners do note battery drain, but I've not experienced it.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks Phil, I have noticed that whenever the car is turned off it also turns off the ipod, so all seems to be working great, and thank you for your advice.
Regards Ian