TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Tires, tires, tires.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tires, tires, tires.....

So I live in Houston and, despite the inclination to do summer performance tires, have previously opted to go with Michelin A/S 3's in order to try and prolong tread life and have a mileage warranty. The TTS is, after all, my daily driver. I've really enjoyed the A/S 3's, so when it came time to replace the tires I opted for the new A/S 3+'s -- an improvement in technology, right? Well, maybe -- but less than an improvement in comfort. The +'s were noisier and harder sidewall -- translating into less than comfortable on both accounts. Good thing I bought them from Discount Tire, as they accepted my complaint within 2 weeks and traded them out. Replacement? The new BF Goodrich A/S g-Force. Great review on Tire Rack. However, despite 5 tries to get them balanced, they were like riding flat spotted tires 65 - 85 mph. Not acceptable. So, thanks again to Discount Tire and option to swap out for customer satisfaction, I've again returned to Michelin -- though this time I've opted for the Super Sports (yes, summer performance tires) and am again happy with the result. The ride is much better and sound not as intrusive as the BF Goodrich. That, and the appearance from the side wall is much better. The BF Goodrich was a bit "industrial" and almost off-road knobby due to the shoulder tread pattern.

Just some recent experience that I'm assuming someone else out there may benefit from...
Old 11-06-2016, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

Supersports are the best tire I have ever owned