TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

TTRS is here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just bumping this up now that the US & Canada are joining the TT-RS fold...
Old 06-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Your enthusiasm is inspiring! I am in Vancouver, Canada and my local dealer got two assigned recently. I put a deposit on an all-black Titanium package TT-RS that should be arriving sometime in August. It could very well replace my Boxster S, I have a feeling once I see and drive the RS I will be sold. I used to have a MKI TT coupe way back in 2001 and still have fond memories, looking forward to the ultimate evolution of that car.

Soooo..two years later, still the same appreciation for the RS?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DutchTT
Your enthusiasm is inspiring! I am in Vancouver, Canada and my local dealer got two assigned recently. I put a deposit on an all-black Titanium package TT-RS that should be arriving sometime in August. It could very well replace my Boxster S, I have a feeling once I see and drive the RS I will be sold. I used to have a MKI TT coupe way back in 2001 and still have fond memories, looking forward to the ultimate evolution of that car.

Soooo..two years later, still the same appreciation for the RS?
Thx.

Yes, after 2 years the car is even better than when I picked it up...it is now a proper 'Sports' car with all the relatively 'cheap' mods done to date.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well,
After 2 years of ownership and 23.5k miles I thought I ought to do an update as the US & Canada will get the TT-RS soon so here goes updates of all areas and the mods I have done with reasons given;

EXHAUST
I have improved upon the original item as follows;
a) de-CAT all throughout of the oem system.
b) replaced 'Y' section at rear of exhaust system with item from MillTek mainly to remove the two smaller oem silencers and allow the engine to sing properly!

So there is now a nice 'powerboat' like sounding from 2k RPM to redline in all gears...damn nice! Due to changes made, my exhaust goes through 3 phases of eruption when the Sports button is 'ON' (at 2k RPM, 3k RPM and above 4k RPM during gear change) similar to an F355/F430 at start-up. When the Sports button is 'OFF', the exhaust is as silent as a Church mouse!!!

BRAKES
First TT-RS oem disc warped or developed VT. New 2nd set were no use on track and faded within two hot laps even with upgraded Pagid RS4-2 pads; braided lines; cooling ducts; ATE Blue fluid. I replaced them for RS6 C6 V10 front kit with PF01 pads and upgraded rears to vented & drilled discs which are same size as oem but with Pagid RS-19 pads. This new brake setup have now seen 6 trackday use and have not even broken sweat yet! They stop time and time again with no issues or drama...if anything, the stopping power is a touch too much even for trackday use though I LUV THEM!

PERFORMANCE
I am running REVO Stage2 with power over 420BHP / 550Nm. Also upgraded to a Pro-Alloy intercooler. The car pulls hard from 2k RPM to redline. I can now compete very well on trackdays.

STEERING, HANDLING & SUSPENSION
Keep in mind I have Mag Ride (a much underrated kit) and made lots of changes here. Now the handling is 'spot-on'...I can place the car anyway and adjust it mid-corner with ease now!

Changes made here are as follows;
a) VibraTech lower engine mount (p/n VAG520M) to stop engine from moving 'to & fro'.
b) SuperPro front anti-lift kit (p/n SPF3273K & SPF3271K).
c) H&R Anti-roll bars (24mm fronts / 22mm rears).
d) Haldex Sports Controller (race version) helps keep all 4 planted.
e) Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (p/n e10-15-009-02-22)> This lowers the car 15mm front and 10mm rear.

FUN FACTOR
Well, mine is a roadster with the performance and sounds to boot…need I say more...! And it still thrills after 2 years of ownership. What a great little car!

SPORTS BUTTON
Works just as before - firms up suspension if you have Mag Ride as I do, sharpens steering responses however the 'over sharp' throttle has been mapped out by REVO so the car can now be driven with a greater degree of smoothness in Sports mode.

CONCLUSION
1) Would I change anything specced = Nope!
2) Would I buy a TTRS again – YES!
3) Is it worth the money for a ‘TT’ – YES!
4) Would I ever sell it – Ohh no...not now!
5) Negatives points – Steering is too 'numb'; OEM brakes not suited to cars that will see track action; Mag Ride OEM springs are too soft; Lower engine mount has too much play; Price is too low IMO!!!
6) Positive points – Still a fantastic quality ‘small’ sports car at relatively bargain base price; A little bit of mod and the need for raw speed is easily fulfilled; Even after several trackday use am still showing 25MPG after 23.5k miles...BRILL!; Supercar in sheep clothing thus attracts no unwanted attention...BRILL!; The EXHAUST NOTE...; Relative exclusivity - if you like that sort of thing!

Last edited by 996CAB; 07-26-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The seventh gear is configured as a high-geared overdrive which reduces the speed on highway which makes the model use less fuel. The problem is that the new limited edition will be manufactured in only 45 units...
I am interested in buying a TT-RS but do you know guys what sound sistem it has? as I can see here about the TT-RS the sound sistem is BOSE. It has the option to go for the Bang & Olufsen?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Would love to have one, maybe in a year when i get a little bored of my 2008

Quick question, is the front grille metal or plastic? Just wondering from an actual owner b/c i ordered a grille and its plastic (thought it would be metal).

And thanks for the update on the car, nice to keep up to date on the reliability of something i plan on buying in the near future.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FrancescoC
Would love to have one, maybe in a year when i get a little bored of my 2008

Quick question, is the front grille metal or plastic? Just wondering from an actual owner b/c i ordered a grille and its plastic (thought it would be metal).

And thanks for the update on the car, nice to keep up to date on the reliability of something i plan on buying in the near future.
Hi, thx for reading. The front grille is plastic on mine - I belive they are all plastic...probably to keep weight at the front down.

The engine is the star on this car really...it is a bit of a beast...ohh, rest of the car is typical Audi...well built.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well done! Mine should come ashore today if everything is on schedule! I'll start with REVO just like I did with my 01 and go from there. Thanks for the great write up.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bump to see if any North America members got their TTRSs, and to get their feedbacks. Seems like the shipments are taking forever!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tranquility
Bump to see if any North America members got their TTRSs, and to get their feedbacks. Seems like the shipments are taking forever!
They've been slowly arriving for the past week or two. But no one posts on this forum about the TT RS. You'll have to go check the threads on Fourtitude. Literally thousands of posts on the Order Guide thread. A bunch of us have them ordered and are waiting.

- Jeremy -

Quick Reply: TTRS is here...