TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

20" wheels and interior colors - TTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" wheels and interior colors - TTS

So looking at a new TTS and salesman forwarded me the order guide, but it does not show the 20" wheel option. However, online configurator shows it as option. I asked salesman for clarification, but thought I would check here too. Anyone know for sure?

Also does anyone know with the interior colors of rotor gray and express red, are the door inserts and part down by the speakers as well as the center console the same as the seat color? I've seen pics of euro cars and they are, but from the U.S. configurator they are all black no matter what interior color.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

On the US TT models you can only get extended leather in a non black color with the "Audi design selection package" that also gives you different metal colored elements and *contrast* stitching on the seats.

NOTE: the colors in this package are different for the TT Coupe vs Roadster, and as far as I know you cannot pick them! The TTS Coupe just mentions extended leather, not sure if that's in a color or not. All of this is in the order guide, but you really have to pay close close attention.

For the non design packages the extended leather will be black on the arm rests and sides of the center console. Parts of the door above the armrests will however be your seat leather color. My post here links to example how that will look on the US models: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-.../#post24709323 (post #7)

The video above my post shows the European non black extended leather option.

Edit: here are the direct links from my post: Imgur 2016 TT interior renders - Album on Imgur

Last edited by visuar; 07-30-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ShooTTer McGavin
So looking at a new TTS and salesman forwarded me the order guide, but it does not show the 20" wheel option. However, online configurator shows it as option. I asked salesman for clarification, but thought I would check here too. Anyone know for sure?
When I ordered mine through the sales manager (over the phone), he specifically asked if I wanted the 20" wheels, so it must have been on his order screen. Given the condition of Minnesota roads, I stuck with the 19s.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I stuck with 19" blade design for the same reason and actually have hand me down 18" for Winter. But the 20" do look very nice.

Oh, and my understanding is that for the US TTS the armrests, etc. are black regardless of seat color ordered (rotor grey in my case and I'm fine with that).

Originally Posted by n828cl
When I ordered mine through the sales manager (over the phone), he specifically asked if I wanted the 20" wheels, so it must have been on his order screen. Given the condition of Minnesota roads, I stuck with the 19s.

Last edited by Huey52; 07-31-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Huey, I really hope that's not the case for the armrest and as far as I know it is supposed to be in the seat leather color.

Too bad the 3 sitting at Audi Austin are all black interiors (and have no photos yet).
Old 07-31-2015, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Armrest will be the seat color. Door inserts.... should be too.... if you use the audi build tool it shows the armrest in the colors.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

There was some fine print at one point. Perhaps the US online configurator is now more representative. I'm good either way.

Originally Posted by dsleedesign
Armrest will be the seat color. Door inserts.... should be too.... if you use the audi build tool it shows the armrest in the colors.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

There are TTS's already in country (US)??? My interior comments only pertained to the TTS.

Originally Posted by visuar
Huey, I really hope that's not the case for the armrest and as far as I know it is supposed to be in the seat leather color.

Too bad the 3 sitting at Audi Austin are all black interiors (and have no photos yet).
Old 07-31-2015, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks everyone for the input. I did get clarification from sales guy that there was a recent revision (on 7/9) to the order guide and it does now list the 20" option code. It is option code CE5 in case anyone wants to know. I don't like the standard 19" so I am going with the 20" even though rim and tire damage can become more likely.

Pretty sure there are no TTS yet in US. I am told not for another month or so and they will be "Launch Edition" which are Mythos Black with Express Red interior and some other stuff.

Huey, I think you are right in regards to the TTS though. Everything seems to indicate armrest and door inserts will be black regardless of interior color. Seems odd to me, but something I can live with.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry, no, only TT so far, I've not seen any TTS yet.

Quick Reply: 20" wheels and interior colors - TTS