TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

ALl new Mk3 TT unveilled in Geneva!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default ALl new Mk3 TT unveilled in Geneva!!

Check out the coverage here for the production model, and here for the show car.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The show version or concept version looks a lot better. The production version looks 'blah'. I don't know why Audi is not using the concept's grill.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very disappointed in the exterior design having been a long time Audi fan and an owner of an MK1 (225Q) and an MK2 (2.0TQ).

The interior looks great and I am sure it is up to par in terms of performance and tech, but the exterior is a train wreck. It looks like the design team received a confusing brief and/or they couldn't decide what they wanted to do and then ran out of budget to complete the design process. The TTS looks a bit better as it doesn't have that odd front grill element that is tilted so it looks like one of the louvers got bent during the molding process.

Whatever happened at Audi headquarters, the result is some sort of Frankenstein of a car exterior that blends MK1 and MK2 styling with bits of the Quattro Concept car and the R8. To make matters worse, they also tried out some new styling elements like the "hot cross bun" lighting that ruins the lines of the car, and a bent side rocker that makes the car look like it got hit from the side! The worst part is the little feeble A5 kink at the rear of the side windows which is so small that it looks like a mistake.

Audi should have saved their MK3 R&D money and just used it to develop and launch the Quattro Concept car into production.

I am glad I switched to an S4 instead of waiting for the MK3 TT. I would buy a Caymen instead if I wanted a fun high-performance sports coupe at this point.

Last edited by BD_TT_225; 03-08-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm bummed as well.

The side of the car looks largely the same. More like a mid cycle "refresh" than an all new body. The interior is awesome, though. I thought Audi was going to push the tt more upmarket like they hinted at.....and more of a clean sheet of paper.

The tt sells very little here in the states and few people buy them. This car doesn't give people much pause.

Maybe it'll be more seductive in person.

I saw the all new a3 sedan is person and it's a gorgeous car. A home run.

The tt...maybe a double at best.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi's do tend to look better in person (versus in photos)....

...but I don't think that's the issue this time around. We will see.

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I'm bummed as well.

The side of the car looks largely the same. More like a mid cycle "refresh" than an all new body. The interior is awesome, though. I thought Audi was going to push the tt more upmarket like they hinted at.....and more of a clean sheet of paper.

The tt sells very little here in the states and few people buy them. This car doesn't give people much pause.

Maybe it'll be more seductive in person.

I saw the all new a3 sedan is person and it's a gorgeous car. A home run.

The tt...maybe a double at best.