TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

APR stage 1 for 2016 audi TT 2.0t

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the Neuspeed piggyback module. Looks interesting. Anyone tried it on their TTS?

NEUSPEED Power Module
Old 11-18-2016, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Unless you're set on APR, Unitronic has checked my 2016 TT and said that it's possible to perform an ECU+ DSG tune.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put an APR stage 1 ECU tune on my 2016 tt and it is amazing. I had gmp performance in Charlotte chip it for me. They were amazing and were telling me that the gains you receive from the tune basically give you 290 hp and 367 tq at the wheels. Now I haven't had it dyno'd but it is a dramatically noticeable difference when driving. Imo it is the best bang for your buck on modding.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audi16wvu
I just put an APR stage 1 ECU tune on my 2016 tt and it is amazing. I had gmp performance in Charlotte chip it for me. They were amazing and were telling me that the gains you receive from the tune basically give you 290 hp and 367 tq at the wheels. Now I haven't had it dyno'd but it is a dramatically noticeable difference when driving. Imo it is the best bang for your buck on modding.
How difficult is this to do, and what does it do to your warranty? APR's web site seems to indicate that this is now available, but it recommends doing it at a dealer. The closest dealer I can find seems to only do GM cars, which confuses the heck out of me since the APR site doesn't even list that brand as an option.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I took it into a performance shop which specializes in german cars. flashed through the OBD-II port. only took them about an hour from start to finish, and that included a test drive before and after. as for the warranty question thats where things get complicated. To air on the side of caution i would say the tune would void certain areas of the car's warranty, but that being said the guys who i went to for the tune said the TT is basically a detuned version of the TTS and the stage 1 is completely fine.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Was a little hesitant about the warranty implications, but some good answers from the APR dealer made me decide to go ahead and see what a different just the stage one ECU flash would do.....AND WOW!!!! Seriously, this transforms the car from very quick to exceptionally quick. The midrange power and acceleration is notably improved. And since the tune is basically from the TTS (minus the larger turbo) the internals were designed for this type of power from the get go. I feel like I upgraded from a TT to a TTS for $600! I couldn't be happier with this upgrade (and really, the car in general)! If you would like more information feel free to send me a private message.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw on the R5 or A4 or some other sub-board that Audi is now flagging ECU upgrades and marking the car as out of warranty? Has anyone heard of this?
Old 01-09-2017, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by grey67
I saw on the R5 or A4 or some other sub-board that Audi is now flagging ECU upgrades and marking the car as out of warranty? Has anyone heard of this?
And how would Audi do this? The only way to know if there is an ECU upgrade is to go digging around in the coding architecture, and I doubt dealers are going to start going to waste their time on that... But they could. And they would be within their right to flag the car, that's totally a known deal. That said, if the upgrade bothers you just go back and have it flashed to the factory spec before you take it in for service. There certainly would be a difference in "risk" of overextending components on a RS-model tune as opposed to a TT tune that stays within the factory-approved specs of the TTS.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by farmerjones
And how would Audi do this? The only way to know if there is an ECU upgrade is to go digging around in the coding architecture...
Its trivial. There any number of ways to ensure code integrity from simple to sophisticated. Theres no need to dig around to understand the details of whats changed, you just need to know if it has changed. Thats easy done by any number of checksum algorithms.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tailwagger
Its trivial. There any number of ways to ensure code integrity from simple to sophisticated. Theres no need to dig around to understand the details of whats changed, you just need to know if it has changed. Thats easy done by any number of checksum algorithms.
....of which Audi has no way of doing unless you bring your car in to a dealership and the dealership decides to go digging. It takes effort to recognize a tune, and a majority of techs wouldn't even know it if they saw it...why would they care?

That was my point. Audi is not doing anything. Your dealer might, but not Audi as a company. And seeing that APR tunes are working on becoming "factory authorized" with your warranty approved (think Polestar for Volvo, or Alpina for BMW), and I doubt Audi is plotting some campaign to crack down on tunes.

I should be clear....If a tune causes something to fail I don't think Audi should pay for it under warranty. That's on the owner to pay for. An owner trying to sneak something past warranty I find reprehensible.

Quick Reply: APR stage 1 for 2016 audi TT 2.0t