TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Audi TT Roadster - Florett Silver/Saddle Brown

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi TT Roadster - Florett Silver/Saddle Brown

Hi All,

I figured I would join and share/add any information that I can about the car. I am one of the lucky few to have pre-ordered 3 months ago to my specification, and the car has finally arrived today. It will still be about a week until I drive it, since I am getting it shipped via flatbed to my detailer, who will take about three days for a full detailing/wrapping.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I will do my best to answer!
Attached Images    
Old 08-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

very cool. i ordered mine several months ago too but i just found out i will not get it until November!!! eek.

i too got florett silver and man im glad i did.. i love the look of that. i have black interior though.

congrats mate
Old 08-06-2015, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! I ordered the same thing I'll be anxious to see more of your photos and how you think the combo looks!

I assume you meant Palomino Brown as that should be only option on the new TT. That's what mine is.

Which part of the US are you in? Enjoy the car!

Last edited by visuar; 08-06-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlj1975lsu
very cool. i ordered mine several months ago too but i just found out i will not get it until November!!! eek.

i too got florett silver and man im glad i did.. i love the look of that. i have black interior though.

congrats mate
Wondering if you were given a reason for a November delivery? Seems far out but I am still probably kidding myself about my delivery timing.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default That silver reminds me of Nimbus on the Mk 1

Originally Posted by Joe_TT
Hi All,

I figured I would join and share/add any information that I can about the car. I am one of the lucky few to have pre-ordered 3 months ago to my specification, and the car has finally arrived today. It will still be about a week until I drive it, since I am getting it shipped via flatbed to my detailer, who will take about three days for a full detailing/wrapping.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I will do my best to answer!
Although the nimbus was slightly darker. Also useful to see the true color of the brown seats. The Audi USA site makes them look like a very dark brown which I did not like. Brown will likely be my first choice now. Black seats in a desert convertible = frying pan.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How does Florrett compare to previous Ice Silver? Looks a bit darker although your pictures are indoors. Would love to see some outside pictures after you have it delivered.

After having a silver Mk1 and silver Mk2, I went with blue on my TTS, but on the fence about for Mk3. Silver is such a good color for the TT though. One thing I don't like about the silver though on a TTS is that the "S" silver mirror caps blend in too much. I like the darker body colors, to give more differentiation. Pretty weird thing to fuss I know, but what can I say lol...
Old 08-07-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I spent quite a bit of time looking at Florett on other Audi models and it's an interesting silver. To me it almost feels in-between matte and metallic, *depending* on the light, it gets closer to one or the other.

To me it felt like a very pure silver color without too much other colors in there. But of course everyone's eye sees something different
Old 08-11-2015, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Ice silver indoors just for rough comparison:
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2015, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Florett silver is like a mix of ice silver and Quartz gray.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

First time I saw Florett was on the refreshed '16 A6. Hands down the best silver color I have ever seen. It has a beautiful depth too it, whereas most light silver colors tend to have limited depth of gloss due to lack of reflection and sort of wash out (especially in pictures), the Florett has a nice depth of both reflection and color Turns a nice glacier blue under certain lights as well, at the right end of the cool color spectrum and has a nice metallic pop to it in sunlight.

Will definitely be my next audi color if I have any say!