TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Brilliant Storage Ideas for inside the TT/TTS...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brilliant Storage Ideas for inside the TT/TTS...?

I recently bought a 2016 TTS. Previously I had an SUV with loads of storage space inside the cabin (various nooks & crannies & compartments). Now I'm trying to deal with hardly any storage space at all.

Example: I keep my sunglasses in the cupholder since it's easy to access when driving, versus in the glovebox which is hard to reach when driving. Of course this is a problem as soon as I need to put a beverage in the cupholder. So this isn't exactly a "good storage idea". However, when I found out about the Owner's Manual storage tray under the driver's seat and used that, which freed up a bunch of space in the glovebox -- well, that WAS a "good storage idea".

So... what are YOUR best storage ideas for typical things inside the TT/TTS.

Thanks!
Windy1138
Old 06-18-2016, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sunglasses go in the driver's door compartment, along with parking meter coins, and chewing gum. Hat and mail/paper-work go on the dashboard in front of the steering wheel. Leatherman tool, handy wipes, kleenex go in the compartment aft of the center console. I put a small umbrella in the glove compartment, plus a pen and writing pad in the built-in spaces provided.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Windy1138
...storage tray under the driver's seat...
Thanks, I'll look for it right now
X.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My wife found this sleeve at Bed Bath & Beyond:

Works well next to the seat.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DHFerguson
My wife found this sleeve at Bed Bath & Beyond:

Works well next to the seat.
That's where I put the iPad (standard Apple cover).

Lots of room under the trunk floor for first aid kit and tools, including a torque wrench, thanks to the cutouts for the inflator bits we don't need.

Glovebox holds the Leatherman, inverter, pressure gauge, I-Pass transponder, pen, registration, and an umbrella.

Spare glasses go in the not-quite phone box at the front of the center console along with the USB cables (rarely used). There are some coin slots under the armrest in the console, but I've never used them.

Ice scraper and snow brush go on the floor behind the driver's seat.

Reflective vests (from European delivery) go in the netting behind each seat.

- Chuck
Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good thread!

I put an umbrella in the passenger side door. In the driver's door pocket I have two pairs of sunglasses and a package of kleenex. My Ipod lives in the front covered box and when I get in the car I toss my phone in there. My spare phone charger is bundled in the space below the armrest. I like the audi key holder behind the cupholder and use it all the time. The cupholder is a tad small and the one under the armrest is a bit awkward. I've only had the car a month so I've done a good job purging excess junk and still maintain a "no eating, no drinking" policy.

I do find the hatch to be quite shallow, so for groceries I have a collapsible box. I'm going to try to find some kind of organizer for the hatch as I find it's missing little cubbies back there.

I didn't know about the tray under the seat...good one! I'll have to look for that tomorrow.

Questions:
- What about clothes on a hanger? The hook behind the driver's seat seems small and hard to access.
- Has anyone installed a dash cam? I can't bring myself to put it on the front windshield and have a wire hanging down. I wish I could find a wireless cam.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Good thread indeed and I've changed a couple things as a result.

Glovebox - registration, Leatherman, flashlight, pen, inflation gauge, Tylenol
Front cubby - iPod, USB cable for iPhone
Center console - nothing now
Driver's underseat tray (didn't know about it initially but thanks to another thread) - Owner's Manual
Passenger's underseat - Goretex store-in-pouch jacket
Driver's door - sunglasses, small umbrella.
Passenger-rear seat cubby - glass cleaner, detailing spray, cloths
Trunk under tray - first aid kit (inflator slot; hand-me-down from A5/allroad), lug cap tool (not included from factory but slot for same).
Note: for me the TT is a non-commuting, generally fair weather car, so much less carried than say prior allroad.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2016/ Roadster: Under my drivers seat i have found a plastic shelf(?) just about the right size for the owners manual and case. Does anyone use it for that purpose? I have read about storage under the passenger's seat but can't understand what they are talking about. Any ideas?
Old 06-30-2016, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jaker49
2016/ Roadster: Under my drivers seat i have found a plastic shelf(?) just about the right size for the owners manual and case. Does anyone use it for that purpose? I have read about storage under the passenger's seat but can't understand what they are talking about. Any ideas?
that's what the plastic shelf is for....manual.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jaker49
I have read about storage under the passenger's seat but can't understand what they are talking about. Any ideas?
This doesn't appear to be present on any of the North America cars.

- Chuck

Quick Reply: Brilliant Storage Ideas for inside the TT/TTS...?