TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Dream car is here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dream car is here!

I placed my order for a 2017 Audi TTS back in mid June and I finally got to sign papers last Wednesday. I was fortunate enough that my dealer had both a TTS and a TT that I could compare and I ended up going with the TTS not because of power (I had an SRT6 before and found the little 'ol Mazda MX5 to be much more fun/ usable) but because of the suspension and body kit. The power helps a little too! I noticed with the TTS I didn't feel like I needed to redline it each shift like in the TT. The TTS was much more casual acceleration although swift. On the TT I noticed that the front bumper bottom vents are fake and I knew that every time I went to wash it I would hate it... for 50 grand! After all one of the reasons I became a nurse is so I could afford my dream car.

Options include the B&O sound system, Leather seats, Black Optics and the Tech package.

After only having it for a week I'm super happy with it. I'm still getting used to the size difference after having driven an MX5 for 3 years. I'm definitely more cautious with other drivers now. And lastly, I'm excited to FINALLY reach 1,000 miles. I haven't been over 3k revs yet and it's killing me!!!
Attached Thumbnails Dream car is here!-tts-front.jpg   Dream car is here!-tts-side.jpg   Dream car is here!-tts-rear.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Did exactly the same comparison, came to the same conclusion, same color. I'd add brake pedal feel and the sport display mode to the list. Best of luck! Few more weks of waiting for me.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tailwagger
Congrats! Did exactly the same comparison, came to the same conclusion, same color. I'd add brake pedal feel and the sport display mode to the list. Best of luck! Few more weks of waiting for me.
I love the sport display but I do hate that I can't get map on one side and music on the other. Idk why one side has to be fuel economy, etc.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens
I love the sport display but I do hate that I can't get map on one side and music on the other. Idk why one side has to be fuel economy, etc.
I agree, but in thinking about it, I might understand why things are the way they are.

I suspect that as simple as it would seem on the surface, the fix could require that they rewrite the guts of MMI. My guess is that it boils down to fundamental inability to display both maps and radio info at the same time. In my A3, for example, with its center screen, you can only view one function at a time. You click for nav, you get nav on the screen. If you want to change radio stations, you drop the nav view and to go to the radio screen. Given a use model where the user can only view one category at a time, the underlying software almost certainly was built on the one thing at a time assumption as well. That was fine for the center stack where psychologically we somewhat expect to viewing one type of thing at a time, but unfortunately, sport mode, by providing what in effect is a second screen, points out this flaw. Even in the original, if you ever wanted to scan your iPhone for a song and still see the nav map, something I found myself wanting to do more than once, you were screwed. It was one or the other. Although, it occurs to me just now that IIRC, in the A3 you can access the radio independently via the center info screen in the dash. So perhaps I'm full of it and there could be a way for them to pull it off.

Regardless, I think its safe to assume that the TTS VC is just built on top of the existing MMI software and the piece that its referencing has a one thing at a time limitation. Which means we cant have two MMI functions running concurrently, no nav on the left with radio on the right. The gauge readouts are completely independent of MMI, so it was no problem to dedicate the right half of the screen to display things like fuel level, boost, oil temp, etc.

Perhaps they might introduce a fix, its more liekly that we're out of luck on this one. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Kittens, when you said "dream car", I thought you meant a '17 TTS *roadster*.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats, have fun the car is a treat
Old 11-02-2016, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. Beautiful. Checking US inventory, most of the cars have the black optic package. Looks great with the Sepang.